Weather Update #11
Weather Update #11
River Heights and Evacuations
The Waihou River is currently the highest it has been for a number of years and with more rain on the way, it is predicted to continue to rise. Some properties in Te Aroha are at risk of flooding.
12/6/2014 12:50:15 PM Te Aroha River level River level (11.405m @ 12/6/2014 12:30:00 PM
There is now a flood risk for some properties on the southern end of Rewi St, Honi St (businesses only), Herries St, and the southern end of Whitaker St
1 Household: Rewi Street - evacuated to friends
Matamata-Piako District Council staff monitoring.
Waihou River Strange Road Stopbank – 50 year design being overtopped. Farmers currently been advised to check stock. No houses at risk.
SH29 Kaimai Range both directions closed due to major slip on Lower Kaimai range
Thames-Coromandel District Council Local Roads
• Hikuai Settlement Rd – Waiting for TSL representative to assess. SH is closed in this area, so this road may be closed.
• Port Charles Rd – Road open. Bridges open to light vehicles only. Repairs will be starting today at 12pm. Road will be closed for periods while machinery working
• Victoria St Thames – Ford closed due to flooding
• Old Maratoto Rd - Ford Closed
• Port Jackson/Fletchers Bay Rd – Road open up to 11km. Slip clearing continuing from there on, and also reports of bridge damage. Transfield still unable to get to end of road to assess
Matamata-Piako District Council Local Roads
• Armadale Road
• Mace Road
• Old Te Aroha Road (north of Okauia Springs Road)
There is surface flooding on the following roads. We recommend people avoid these routes where possible, or take extreme caution:
• Te Aroha Gordon Road
• Tower Road
SH25a Kopu to Hikuiai OPEN
• SH25 SH25a Intersection Hikuiai to Tairua OPEN
The following areas have had electricity transmission disrupted:
OPOUTERE, AREAs OF WHANGAMATA:
KAPAKAPA ROAD, LIDDELL ROAD, NGAHERE TERRACE, NORMANS ACCESS ROAD, OHUI ROAD, ONEMANA DRIVE, OPOUTERE ROAD, TAIRUA ROAD (SH25), WAHITAPU LANE, WAITAWHETA ROAD
Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 6.00pm