Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

More Building Supplies Uncovered - Operation Supernova

More Building Supplies Uncovered - Operation Supernova



This stash of stolen supplies is worth thousands of dollars


After thousands of dollars worth of stolen building supplies was recovered during a search warrant on Tuesday, Counties Manukau Police report that in a continuation of Operation Supernova, another search at different address has revealed even more stolen property this morning.

Several brand new ovens, cooktops, dishwashers and more doors have been found in a second search warrant, each item potentially worth thousands of dollars.

Detective Sergeant Warrick Adkin says it appears that the appliances have been stolen from nearly-complete houses soon after they were installed.

“A number of these stolen items have simply had the cord cut from the wall and been removed from the house,” he says. “Some were stolen upon delivery and yet to be installed, leaving them in good condition.”

Many of the items from Tuesday’s warrant have been returned to builders.

Now at least 24 burglaries have been identified and the 32 year old man arrested on Tuesday will face further charges to reflect the additional offences. Police can confirm that they have identified burglaries that have taken place between Pokeno and Mt Roskill, and some of the stolen property dates back almost 10 years.

Police ask that anyone who believes their property might have been recovered please wait for Police to contact them to identify it.

Detective Sergeant Adkin once again reminds builders of the importance of marking tools and supplies with a company name or other identifier, and recording serial numbers.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Crowdsale And Crowdfunding Campaign: Help Create The Future Of Independent News

Two weeks to go! The Scoop 3.0 plan aims to create NZ’s first community-owned, distributed news and media intelligence ecosystem in 2019. We believe this ScoopPro media monetisation approach can be scaled and spread globally to support local and independent news efforts in regional New Zealand and around the world.

Scoop is an ecosystem, it would not exist without those who contribute to it, read it and rely on it for professional media purposes. Generous past support from this ecosystem has enabled us to come this far in developing our business model. Support our PledgeMe Campaign>>

 

14/11: Two Years’ Progress Since The Kaikoura Earthquake

Mayor John Leggett said it was a day for reflection, but also a time to recognise the work by many people to support progress towards recovery made across Marlborough since November 2016. More>>

ALSO:

Pike River: Mine Drift Re-Entry Plan To Proceed

“I’ve decided the Te Kāhui Whakamana Rua Tekau Mā Iwa - Pike River Recovery Agency, recommended course of action to enter the drift, using the existing access tunnel, is by far the safest option,” said Andrew Little. More>>

ALSO:

Appointments: New High Commissioner To Australia Announced

“Dame Annette King needs no introduction given her long running career as a parliamentarian where she has previously held a number senior Cabinet portfolios, including Justice, Police and Health. She also was Parliament’s longest serving female MP with 30 years’ service,” said Mr Peters. More>>

ALSO:

Two Years Since Kaikoura: Silvia Cartwright To Lead Inquiry Into EQC

“The inquiry will be the first of its kind under the Public Inquiries Act 2013 and will have all the powers of a Royal Commission, be independent of Government and make its report directly to the Governor-General. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

Obviously, it is good news that the coalition government has broadened the scope of its Royal Commission into the abuse of children, beyond its previous focus on children in state care. More>>

ALSO:

Cases Delayed: Court Staff Refuse To Handle Sentencing Papers

Dozens of court cases have reportedly been delayed, as court staff escalate industrial action at two Auckland courts by enforcing a ban on handling sentencing papers. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Primary Teachers Rolling Strikes

RNZ Report: More than 100,000 primary school students in Auckland will be home from school today as teachers and principals walk off the job for the second time this year. It's the start of a week of rolling one-day strikes around the country, after the collapse of contract negotiations last Thursday. More>>

ALSO:

"Process Was Sound": Inquiry Into Haumaha Appointment Released

The Inquiry’s purpose was to examine, identify, and report on the adequacy of the process that led to the appointment. It found the process was sound and no available relevant information was omitted. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels