Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


War Memorial Hall of Memories remains closed until 2015

National War Memorial Hall of Memories remains closed until early 2015

The Hall of Memories in the National War Memorial located at Buckle Street in Wellington will remain closed until early 2015 for seismic strengthening. The foyer area and site of the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior will remain accessible through this period, says the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.

From today the surrounding gardens and steps at the rear of the building are also fenced off while the seismic work is underway. Access to Massey University is therefore affected and is only possible via the ring road.

Visitors are welcome to visit the Tomb and the Memorial foyer during the period of strengthening work. Because of road works and construction of the Pukeahu National War Memorial Park, at the bottom of the memorial steps, visitors are requested to exercise care when visiting the National War Memorial, says the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.

The Ministry will provide further updates on the progress and completion of the strengthening work as required.

Further information about the National War Memorial Park is available at www.mch.govt.nz

ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

 

PARLIAMENT TODAY:

Royals: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall To Visit

Prime Minister John Key welcomes today’s announcement that the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit New Zealand in November. This will be the second joint visit for Their Royal Highnesses to New Zealand. More>>

ALSO:

Tracey Martin Replaced: Ron Mark Is New New Zealand First Deputy Leader

Clayton Mitchell was the successful candidate for the Associate Whip position. Winston Peters was re-elected as Leader by the Caucus. Ron Mark was elected as the Deputy Leader with effect from 10am, Friday, 3rd July. More>>

ALSO:

Rebuild Rebrand: "Regenerate Christchurch" To Replace CERA

The regeneration of Christchurch will be the city’s focus for the next five years as local leadership progressively takes control of the rebuild, Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee says. More>>

ALSO:

Nauru: Scholars Urge Minister To Act On Deteriorating Democracy

“Since the 2013 election in Nauru, there has been a series of disturbing developments on the islands that indicate a severe deterioration in the state of its parliamentary democracy and in the rule of law,” say the scholars. More>>

ALSO:

Foreign Affairs: NZ Begins Presidency Of UN Security Council

Prime Minister John Key has welcomed the start of New Zealand’s month-long Presidency of the United Nations Security Council in New York. More>>

ALSO:

Labour: Cash For Charter Schools, Mould For State Schools

“Recently released financial statements show the Whangarei charter school He Puna Marama received $3.9 million in government funding to the end of last year. Yet their audited accounts show they only spent $1.4 million on education, leaving almost $2.5 million over two years unaccounted for." More>>

ALSO:

Kiwirail Plans Shift From Electric: National Urged Not To Take Backwards Step

The National Government shouldn’t drag New Zealand backwards by replacing its climate friendly electric trains with carbon-polluting diesel trains, the Green Party said today. More>>

ALSO:

Capital Connection:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news