Entries open for Local Government Excellence Awards
SOLGM MEDIA RELEASE: Tuesday 20 January 2015
Entries now open for the 2015 SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards®
The New Zealand Society of Local Government Managers (SOLGM) has announced that nominations for the 2015 SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards® are now open.
SOLGM welcomes entries that showcase the very best in professional excellence in local government management from Local Authorities and Council Controlled Organisations within New Zealand. This year entries can be made in the following five categories:
• Building Organisational Capability
• Joined Up Local Government
• Council-Community Relationship
• Transforming Service Delivery
• Environmental Leadership and Sustainability
“The SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards® provides the sector with the opportunity to showcase their outstanding projects” says SOLGM Chief Executive Karen Thomas.
“Across the country our councils are charged with providing innovative and cost effective solutions to complex issues. Successful outcomes and the resulting community benefits often go unrecognised so, as the Society that promotes excellence in local government management, SOLGM wants to ensure those successes are encouraged and celebrated.”
The winners of the 2015 SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards® will be announced at the inaugural SOLGM Gala Dinner hosted in Wellington on Thursday 16 April.
The Gala Dinner celebrates the outstanding contribution of local government professionals to the success of the sector so, as well as the winners of the 2015 SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards®, the following announcements will also be made:
• The recipients of the SOLGM Overseas Manager Exchanges
• SOLGM’s Leadership Scholarships supported by sponsors The Skills Organisation, The Leadership Development Centre and Opus International Consultants
• The New Zealand winners of the LGMA Australasian Management Challenge sponsored by Civica, who will then go on to compete in the Australasian Finals to be held in Melbourne in June 2015
SOLGM is the national member organisation that supports managers in local government and is committed to promoting professional excellence in all areas of the sector.
More information on the Excellence Awards can be found in the SOLGM website.