Life Matters suicide prevention workshop
Life Matters brings you the ultimate approach to suicide prevention.
The suicide rate has been causing serious
concern for a while now in our country, especially amongst
the male 16-28 age group. Over 60% of those who take their
lives, talk to a practitioner, within the previous month.
Having available a few easy to learn and apply solution
focused tools and techniques, has not only been proven to
save lives, but has also helped people to move on to more
hopeful and constructive futures.
First time in New Zealand, a professional workshop with an unique approach to suicide prevention that is producing ground-breaking results internationally.
• Rapid rapport building and deep empathy
• Questions to elicit suicidal ideation
• Sample questions for when suicidal ideation has been established
• Generating other possibilities to the last resort option
• ‘Going with’ the suicidal person
• Being as effective as possible
• Graveside Scenario
• Ending a session positively and constructively
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
• Have acknowledged their existing skill base and effectiveness when working with suicidal service users, and be keen to enhance that effectiveness.
• Have a good grasp of the basic concepts of solutions approaches to the suicidal service user.
• Feel more comfortable in their dealings with service users who want to talk about suicide as an option in dealing with their difficulties.
• Be confident enough to apply at least three of the specialized solution focused techniques learnt, to their current working practice, with immediate effect.
• Appreciate the value and importance of optimism within themselves even when dealing with the most tragic of human circumstances confronting them.