Chch: Health Public Meeting – Thursday 24 August 7.30 pm
Public Meeting – Thursday 24 August 7.30 pm in the
How do the political parties plan to address the Health Funding crisis?
Invitations have been sent to all political parties to send their health spokespeople and Labour, Greens and NZ First have accepted.
This will be an important meeting in the election calendar, and a good turnout will send a message to all parties that this is an issue that must be addressed.
In addition to speaking about their own policies, the parties will be asked to state their policies on the five pledges the YesWeCare.nz campaign have developed:
Yes We Care about your health: How do you pledge?
Hold an independent mental health inquiry
• Start in the first 100 days of the next Government
• Fund what it identifies as needed
Restore $2.3b in health underfunding
• Fund annual costs: ageing and growing population, inflation, wage costs and new medicines
• Fund a national survey on unmet need
Set a national suicide prevention target
• Include target in the mental health inquiry*
Commit to evidence-based safe staffing
Reduce primary health costs (GPs etc)
Ensure every rental is warm and dry
Go here for more detail - www.yeswecare.nz