Auckland Disability Law (ADL) has an exciting opportunity with our newly created Community Advocate role. This is a permanent full-time position based at our Mangere office, in Auckland.
The Community Advocate is involved in the delivery of ADL’s legal services and work with disabled people, the disability community and our stakeholders. The role will:
• Undertake legal education work.
• Contribute to ADL’s law reform programme.
• Support the legal case work.
• Work within our community engagement and legal information projects.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
• A strong commitment to social justice, particularly in the area of disability.
• Demonstrated experience of working in an advocacy or legal service environment.
• Knowledge of the Disability and Deaf communities, cultures and issues.
• Education session development and facilitation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well-developed planning, problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
ADL is a community law centre (CLC). We are the only CLC in Aotearoa New Zealand which works with disabled people and the disability community around disability related legal issues.
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 15 September 2017. Send your application to Sue Plowman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Auckland Disability Law PO Box 43-201, Mangere, Auckland. Please provide a covering letter describing why you are the best person for this role and a CV which highlights the skills, experience and qualifications you have to be the Community Advocate. Please provide both as Word documents.
The Community Advocate job description can be obtained from Preetha Suresh 09-257-5140 or email@example.com