Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Waterfront development plan welcomed

Waterfront development plan welcomed

Dunedin (Saturday, 11 November 2017) – An ambitious plan to develop Dunedin’s waterfront has been welcomed by the Dunedin City Council.

ARL Managing Director Ian Taylor and Dunedin-based architect Damien van Brandenburg yesterday unveiled a long term vision for the redevelopment of the city’s waterfront that includes public and private investment in the area.

DCC Planning and Environment Committee Chair Cr David Benson-Pope says, “The Council has been promoting and working towards the revitalisation of the harbourside for some years.

“This innovative vision for the next 25 to 30 years is very exciting and we look forward to working with all the key partners and our community to make it a reality.”

As part of the vision, the DCC is promoting the concept of a pedestrian/cycleway bridge from the end of Rattray Street, across the railway line to the Steamer Basin.

Cr Benson-Pope says, “From the Council’s perspective, pedestrian and cyclist access into the area is a key first step. We will be discussing possible options for the bridge link with the community as part of the upcoming 10 year plan.”

Details of the possible options and costs for a bridge will be discussed by the Council during its 10 year plan meeting in December. If approved, options will go out for community feedback in March/April as part of the consultation document.

Other key partners working closely with Mr Taylor, Mr van Brandenburg and the DCC on this redevelopment vision are the Otago Regional Council, Port Otago, the University of Otago and Ngāi Tahu.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Crowdsale And Crowdfunding Campaign: Help Create The Future Of Independent News

Two weeks to go! The Scoop 3.0 plan aims to create NZ’s first community-owned, distributed news and media intelligence ecosystem in 2019. We believe this ScoopPro media monetisation approach can be scaled and spread globally to support local and independent news efforts in regional New Zealand and around the world.

Scoop is an ecosystem, it would not exist without those who contribute to it, read it and rely on it for professional media purposes. Generous past support from this ecosystem has enabled us to come this far in developing our business model. Support our PledgeMe Campaign>>

 

14/11: Two Years’ Progress Since The Kaikoura Earthquake

Mayor John Leggett said it was a day for reflection, but also a time to recognise the work by many people to support progress towards recovery made across Marlborough since November 2016. More>>

ALSO:

Pike River: Mine Drift Re-Entry Plan To Proceed

“I’ve decided the Te Kāhui Whakamana Rua Tekau Mā Iwa - Pike River Recovery Agency, recommended course of action to enter the drift, using the existing access tunnel, is by far the safest option,” said Andrew Little. More>>

ALSO:

Appointments: New High Commissioner To Australia Announced

“Dame Annette King needs no introduction given her long running career as a parliamentarian where she has previously held a number senior Cabinet portfolios, including Justice, Police and Health. She also was Parliament’s longest serving female MP with 30 years’ service,” said Mr Peters. More>>

ALSO:

Two Years Since Kaikoura: Silvia Cartwright To Lead Inquiry Into EQC

“The inquiry will be the first of its kind under the Public Inquiries Act 2013 and will have all the powers of a Royal Commission, be independent of Government and make its report directly to the Governor-General. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

Obviously, it is good news that the coalition government has broadened the scope of its Royal Commission into the abuse of children, beyond its previous focus on children in state care. More>>

ALSO:

Cases Delayed: Court Staff Refuse To Handle Sentencing Papers

Dozens of court cases have reportedly been delayed, as court staff escalate industrial action at two Auckland courts by enforcing a ban on handling sentencing papers. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Primary Teachers Rolling Strikes

RNZ Report: More than 100,000 primary school students in Auckland will be home from school today as teachers and principals walk off the job for the second time this year. It's the start of a week of rolling one-day strikes around the country, after the collapse of contract negotiations last Thursday. More>>

ALSO:

"Process Was Sound": Inquiry Into Haumaha Appointment Released

The Inquiry’s purpose was to examine, identify, and report on the adequacy of the process that led to the appointment. It found the process was sound and no available relevant information was omitted. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels