Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Wellingtonians quick to adopt online service

Tuesday 5 December

Wellingtonians quick to adopt online service

More than 60 percent of building consents made to Wellington City Council are now received online through GoShift, a new initiative to improve the building consents process.

Just two months after the online service was launched, more than half of the around 300 consents submitted each month are now made electronically.

Mark Pattemore, Manager City Consenting and Compliance, says customers have been positive about the new service which allows applicants to submit their building consent applications via an online portal.

"Customers who made multiple consents, such as home building companies, are very satisfied," he says. "They are finding it much simpler and faster."

Mark says the consenting team has worked hard to adapt to the new process, which has already seen a significant reduction in the amount of paper in the office.

"The team is also finding that applications are coming in more complete than they used to," he adds.

The online service prompts customers to provide information that is required, and doesn't allow them to progress their application if it is not provided.

"The uptake to date has totally exceeded our expectations, and we're delighted customers are finding it so user friendly and efficient," says Mark.

GoShift Strategic and Engagement Manager, Ross McCarthy, says the online service has been designed around the customer, and the team has been working hard to implement new functionality, tweaking bugs and looking at what can be provided in the future.

The online service is being provided by GoCouncil, a partnership between Master Business Systems (MBS) and Nuwave.

Wellington City Council is part of GoShift, an initiative involving more than 20 councils, from Western Bay of Plenty to Nelson.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Crowdsale And Crowdfunding Campaign: Help Create The Future Of Independent News

Two weeks to go! The Scoop 3.0 plan aims to create NZ’s first community-owned, distributed news and media intelligence ecosystem in 2019. We believe this ScoopPro media monetisation approach can be scaled and spread globally to support local and independent news efforts in regional New Zealand and around the world.

Scoop is an ecosystem, it would not exist without those who contribute to it, read it and rely on it for professional media purposes. Generous past support from this ecosystem has enabled us to come this far in developing our business model. Support our PledgeMe Campaign>>

 

14/11: Two Years’ Progress Since The Kaikoura Earthquake

Mayor John Leggett said it was a day for reflection, but also a time to recognise the work by many people to support progress towards recovery made across Marlborough since November 2016. More>>

ALSO:

Pike River: Mine Drift Re-Entry Plan To Proceed

“I’ve decided the Te Kāhui Whakamana Rua Tekau Mā Iwa - Pike River Recovery Agency, recommended course of action to enter the drift, using the existing access tunnel, is by far the safest option,” said Andrew Little. More>>

ALSO:

Appointments: New High Commissioner To Australia Announced

“Dame Annette King needs no introduction given her long running career as a parliamentarian where she has previously held a number senior Cabinet portfolios, including Justice, Police and Health. She also was Parliament’s longest serving female MP with 30 years’ service,” said Mr Peters. More>>

ALSO:

Two Years Since Kaikoura: Silvia Cartwright To Lead Inquiry Into EQC

“The inquiry will be the first of its kind under the Public Inquiries Act 2013 and will have all the powers of a Royal Commission, be independent of Government and make its report directly to the Governor-General. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

Obviously, it is good news that the coalition government has broadened the scope of its Royal Commission into the abuse of children, beyond its previous focus on children in state care. More>>

ALSO:

Cases Delayed: Court Staff Refuse To Handle Sentencing Papers

Dozens of court cases have reportedly been delayed, as court staff escalate industrial action at two Auckland courts by enforcing a ban on handling sentencing papers. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Primary Teachers Rolling Strikes

RNZ Report: More than 100,000 primary school students in Auckland will be home from school today as teachers and principals walk off the job for the second time this year. It's the start of a week of rolling one-day strikes around the country, after the collapse of contract negotiations last Thursday. More>>

ALSO:

"Process Was Sound": Inquiry Into Haumaha Appointment Released

The Inquiry’s purpose was to examine, identify, and report on the adequacy of the process that led to the appointment. It found the process was sound and no available relevant information was omitted. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels