TCDC - Water restrictions update 8 January 2018
Water restrictions update 8 January 2018
Due to a reduction in demand we now have a number of changes to our water restrictions. We still encourage people to continue to conserve water as best they can.
Coromandel Town - Reduces to a
sprinkler and irrigation ban.
Matarangi – Reduces to a sprinkler and irrigation ban.
Whitianga - Current sprinkler and irrigation ban remains in place.
Tairua - Reduces to a sprinkler and irrigation ban.
Pauanui - The plant is back in full production and the reservoirs are recovering therefore Pauanui reduces to a sprinkler and irrigation ban.
Whangamata - Reduces to a sprinkler and irrigation ban.
Thames Valley (including Hikutaia, Omaha, Puriri and Matatoki) – Sprinkler and and irrigation ban in place. A reminder to residents in these communities that there is a permanent irrigation ban in place all year round.
We're checking water use in our nine urban and two rural water supply schemes regularly and reviewing our water restrictions daily.
Our water restrictions are reviewed daily and any changes are posted on our website, email newsletters and our Facebook page.
Please report water wastage and water leaks to Customer Service on 07 868 0200.
Residents and visitors are asked to comply with the water restrictions for the good of the community.
Top 5 smart water conservation tips
1. Wait until you can do full loads before you wash dishes or use the washing machine.
2. Don’t run the water when brushing your teeth.
3. For cool drinking water, fill a jug and keep it in the fridge. Running water to cool it down can waste 10 litres a minute.
4. For lawns, apply the ‘step test’ – if grass springs back after you walk on it, it doesn’t need watering.
5. If your toilet has a dual flush button, use the half flush.