TCDC - Water restrictions update 22 January 2018
Water restrictions update 22 January 2018
Due to a reduction in demand we now have a number of changes to our water restrictions. We still encourage people to continue to conserve water as best they can.
Whitianga - Due to a large decrease
in demand water restrictions have now been
Tairua - Due to a large decrease in demand water restrictions have now been lifted.
Whangamata - Due to a large decrease in demand water restrictions have now been lifted.
Pauanui - Current sprinkler and irrigation ban remains in place.
Coromandel Town - No water restrictions currently in place.
Matarangi – No water restrictions currently in place.
Thames Valley (including Hikutaia, Omaha, Puriri and Matatoki) – Current sprinkler and irrigation ban remains in place. A reminder to residents in these communities that there is a permanent irrigation ban in place all year round.
We're checking water use in our nine urban and two rural water supply schemes regularly and reviewing our water restrictions daily.
Any changes are posted on our website, email newsletters and our Facebook page.
Please report water wastage and water leaks to Customer Service on 07 868 0200.
Residents and visitors are asked to comply with the water restrictions for the good of the community.
Top 5 smart water conservation tips
1. Wait until you can do full loads before you wash dishes or use the washing machine.
2. Don’t run the water when brushing your teeth.
3. For cool drinking water, fill a jug and keep it in the fridge. Running water to cool it down can waste 10 litres a minute.
4. For lawns, apply the ‘step test’ – if grass springs back after you walk on it, it doesn’t need watering.
5. If your toilet has a dual flush button, use the half flush.