Coromandel Town water restrictions lifted
The full water restrictions for Coromandel Town put in place late last week have now been lifted.
The electrical fault at the water treatment plant has been repaired and reservoir levels are back to normal..
The other temporary water restriction is Tairua has also now been lifted.
And, a reminder that in Thames Valley (including Hikutaia, Omahu, Puriri and Matatoki) there is a permanent irrigation ban in place all year round.
We still encourage people to continue to conserve water as best they can..
Please report water wastage and water leaks to Customer Service on 07 868 0200.
Residents and visitors are asked to comply with the water restrictions for the good of the community.
Top 5 smart water conservation tips
1. Wait until you can do full loads before you wash dishes or use the washing machine.
2. Don’t run the water when brushing your teeth.
3. For cool drinking water, fill a jug and keep it in the fridge. Running water to cool it down can waste 10 litres a minute.
4. For lawns, apply the ‘step test’ – if grass springs back after you walk on it, it doesn’t need watering.
5. If your toilet has a dual flush button, use the half flush.