Fleet Day 2018 helps reduce risk for company drivers
16 May 2018
Fleet managers from across the region will tomorrow learn from industry experts how to get staff to drive company vehicles like they own them.
Fleet Day 2018, held by Waikato Regional Council as part of the Reduce the Risk road safety programme, will be held at the Sir Don Rowlands Centre at Lake Karāpiro on May 17 from 9am to 4pm. The free event is held every year to update employers and fleet managers about their responsibilities regarding the health and safety of their employees while travelling in work vehicles.
A variety of speakers will present on topics relevant to fleet safety, eg on vehicle safety, road safety, current research and driver education. Topics at this year’s Fleet Day include:
• health and safety legislation – how the latest legislation impacts on employers
• overloading vehicles and trailers (by NZTA)
• fatigue and distractions (by New Zealand Police)
• ANCAP ratings and what they mean (by NZTA)
There will also be a range of demonstrations, including on:
• electric vans (by the University of Waikato)
• van shelving (by Auto Transform Racking Systems)
• van safety (by Ebbett/Toyota)
• tyres – tyre tread, measuring tyre pressure, etc.