Male charged following St Marys Bay attack
Please attribute to Detective Senior Sergeant Glenn Baldwin:
Early this morning Auckland City Police located a male who was wanted in connection to a sexually motivated attack in St Marys Bay on Friday 11th May, 2018.
A 33-year-old male was taken into custody without incident and has been charged with assault with intent to commit sexual violation.
Detective Senior Sergeant Glenn Baldwin says as a result of enquiries into the incident, police identified the offender as allegedly being linked to two further incidents in the St Marys Bay area earlier this month.
The male has also been charged with offensive behaviour and unlawfully on property relating to an incident on 3rd May and has been charged with unlawfully on property relating to another incident on 4th May.
“We want to thank the public for their support, and in particular the local neighbourhood for their assistance in investigating this appalling crime, which was traumatic for the victim as well as a witness to the incident,” says Detective Senior Sergeant Baldwin.
“A significant amount of resources went into this investigation and it’s a great result to have the alleged offender off our streets.
“We want to assure the community that we will do everything we can to find those responsible for crimes such as this and hold them to account.”
The male is appearing in the Auckland District Court this morning.