Ashburton Timaru Waitaki District Community Awards
Last Chance to Get Entries in for the Trustpower
Ashburton Timaru Waitaki District
Locals of Ashburton, Timaru and Waitaki only have until Thursday this week to nominate their best in the community, their volunteers with entries near closing for the Trustpower Ashburton Timaru Waitaki District Community Awards. Entries will be accepted up until 5pm Thursday 31 May and every nomination goes in the change to win one of six $500 Prezzy cards!
This year will be the first year that both regions come together at a joint function in Ashburton to celebrate their brightest stars in their communities with $18,000 up for grabs!
The awards, which recognise and reward the efforts of volunteers, have been running in parts of New Zealand for 25 years. Trustpower Community and Communications Advisor Ashleigh Cleaver says reaching this milestone inspired the company to adopt a fresh approach – increasing prize money and widening the celebration to include neighbouring districts.
“This year, the prizemoney for a Trustpower Community Award will double to $1,000. Regional Supreme Winners will receive $2,000 – up from $1,500 last year – and a trip for two to the 2018 Trustpower National Community Awards”
We’ve been running these awards for many years, rewarding volunteers all over the country, but I know there are still groups out there we haven’t found, humbly working away, under the radar, to make our communities a better place to live”
Miss Cleaver said it’s the locals that know their community and know their people so it’s their chance to do their bit and nominate a group online – it only takes a few minutes and could really make a difference.
• The Trustpower Community Awards are run in partnership with the Ashburton, Timaru and Waitaki District councils and is open to all community organisations with a voluntary component.
• Trustpower Community Award recipients are recognised for services to, but not limited to: Heritage and Environment; Health and Wellbeing; Arts and Culture; Sport and Leisure; Education and Child/Youth Development.
• Anyone can enter a group – groups can even enter themselves.
• Enter online at trustpower.co.nz/communityawards
• Entries close Thursday 31 May