Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Fresh appeal for information on assault in Palmerston North

"Fresh appeal for information on assault in Palmerston North last year"

Attributable to Constable Mike Skates, Manawatu Police:

Manawatu Police continuing to make inquiries into an assault which happened last year in Palmerston North are making a fresh appeal for sightings of a vehicle involved.

Late on the evening of Saturday 12 August 2017, a male was walking with a group of friends and stopped to talk to the occupants of a small SUV-type vehicle parked opposite The Office Bar on Main Street.

The male’s friends carried on walking, only to turn back and see the vehicle leaving at speed towards The Square, and their friend lying flat on the pavement.

The victim suffered serious head injuries and was at the time put into a drug-induced coma at Wellington Hospital.

He is recovering, but has no memory of the incident, and has lost his sense of taste and smell.

A witness saw the male front-seat passenger of the vehicle punch the victim once.

Witnesses spoken to by Police have indicated that the driver of the vehicle was a young, thin, Caucasian female with distinctive white-blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

There were two male passengers in the vehicle.

Although varying descriptions of the type of vehicle were given to Police, they all refer to a small SUV or 4x4, which had a spare wheel mount on the rear door – however the wheel itself was missing.

Police have spoken with a number of witnesses and followed up on information, but we are again appealing to anyone with information on what happened, to get in touch.

Anyone who may have seen this vehicle, or knows who was involved in the assault, is asked to contact Palmerston North Police on (06) 350 3860.

Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Crowdsale And Crowdfunding Campaign: Help Create The Future Of Independent News

Two weeks to go! The Scoop 3.0 plan aims to create NZ’s first community-owned, distributed news and media intelligence ecosystem in 2019. We believe this ScoopPro media monetisation approach can be scaled and spread globally to support local and independent news efforts in regional New Zealand and around the world.

Scoop is an ecosystem, it would not exist without those who contribute to it, read it and rely on it for professional media purposes. Generous past support from this ecosystem has enabled us to come this far in developing our business model. Support our PledgeMe Campaign>>

 

14/11: Two Years’ Progress Since The Kaikoura Earthquake

Mayor John Leggett said it was a day for reflection, but also a time to recognise the work by many people to support progress towards recovery made across Marlborough since November 2016. More>>

ALSO:

Pike River: Mine Drift Re-Entry Plan To Proceed

“I’ve decided the Te Kāhui Whakamana Rua Tekau Mā Iwa - Pike River Recovery Agency, recommended course of action to enter the drift, using the existing access tunnel, is by far the safest option,” said Andrew Little. More>>

ALSO:

Appointments: New High Commissioner To Australia Announced

“Dame Annette King needs no introduction given her long running career as a parliamentarian where she has previously held a number senior Cabinet portfolios, including Justice, Police and Health. She also was Parliament’s longest serving female MP with 30 years’ service,” said Mr Peters. More>>

ALSO:

Two Years Since Kaikoura: Silvia Cartwright To Lead Inquiry Into EQC

“The inquiry will be the first of its kind under the Public Inquiries Act 2013 and will have all the powers of a Royal Commission, be independent of Government and make its report directly to the Governor-General. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

Obviously, it is good news that the coalition government has broadened the scope of its Royal Commission into the abuse of children, beyond its previous focus on children in state care. More>>

ALSO:

Cases Delayed: Court Staff Refuse To Handle Sentencing Papers

Dozens of court cases have reportedly been delayed, as court staff escalate industrial action at two Auckland courts by enforcing a ban on handling sentencing papers. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Primary Teachers Rolling Strikes

RNZ Report: More than 100,000 primary school students in Auckland will be home from school today as teachers and principals walk off the job for the second time this year. It's the start of a week of rolling one-day strikes around the country, after the collapse of contract negotiations last Thursday. More>>

ALSO:

"Process Was Sound": Inquiry Into Haumaha Appointment Released

The Inquiry’s purpose was to examine, identify, and report on the adequacy of the process that led to the appointment. It found the process was sound and no available relevant information was omitted. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels