Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Hawke’s Bay people urged to have their say on Napier Port

The Hawke’s Bay Regional Council has completed a series of six public drop in sessions to discuss options for funding the future of Napier Port.

It is consulting on four potential options to fund the port’s growth and over the last month has held six public drop-in sessions throughout Hawke’s Bay with the final meeting in Wairoa last night. Regional Council staff and councillors were also part of the Napier Port stand at the Hawke’s Bay A&P Show sharing information with the public and will be at the Central Hawke’s Bay A&P Show tomorrow (Sat 10 Nov). These public sessions are backed up by newspaper and radio advertising and a social media campaign.

Hawke’s Bay Regional Council Chair Rex Graham has been pleased with the level of interest in the process and the public’s willingness to discuss and debate the issue.

“It’s great to get out and chat with members of the public about this very important decision and I urge the people of Hawke’s Bay to have their say. We are really keen to hear what they think,” says Mr Graham.

So far the Regional Council has received close to 1,100 submissions. The public has until 4pm on Thursday 22 November 2018 to make a submission.

The full Port consultation document is available online, in Regional Council offices and at local libraries. A two-page summary has been distributed, which can be filled in and sent back to the Regional Council by Freepost. Hawke’s Bay Regional Council ratepayers will also be receiving a postcard in the mail urging them to have their say. Online submissions can be made through the Regional Council website – www.hbrc.govt.nz

“We want to make sure that everyone who wants to be heard has the chance and we are trying to make it as easy as we can to do so.”

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Crowdsale And Crowdfunding Campaign: Help Create The Future Of Independent News

Two weeks to go! The Scoop 3.0 plan aims to create NZ’s first community-owned, distributed news and media intelligence ecosystem in 2019. We believe this ScoopPro media monetisation approach can be scaled and spread globally to support local and independent news efforts in regional New Zealand and around the world.

Scoop is an ecosystem, it would not exist without those who contribute to it, read it and rely on it for professional media purposes. Generous past support from this ecosystem has enabled us to come this far in developing our business model. Support our PledgeMe Campaign>>

 

14/11: Two Years’ Progress Since The Kaikoura Earthquake

Mayor John Leggett said it was a day for reflection, but also a time to recognise the work by many people to support progress towards recovery made across Marlborough since November 2016. More>>

ALSO:

Pike River: Mine Drift Re-Entry Plan To Proceed

“I’ve decided the Te Kāhui Whakamana Rua Tekau Mā Iwa - Pike River Recovery Agency, recommended course of action to enter the drift, using the existing access tunnel, is by far the safest option,” said Andrew Little. More>>

ALSO:

Appointments: New High Commissioner To Australia Announced

“Dame Annette King needs no introduction given her long running career as a parliamentarian where she has previously held a number senior Cabinet portfolios, including Justice, Police and Health. She also was Parliament’s longest serving female MP with 30 years’ service,” said Mr Peters. More>>

ALSO:

Two Years Since Kaikoura: Silvia Cartwright To Lead Inquiry Into EQC

“The inquiry will be the first of its kind under the Public Inquiries Act 2013 and will have all the powers of a Royal Commission, be independent of Government and make its report directly to the Governor-General. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

Obviously, it is good news that the coalition government has broadened the scope of its Royal Commission into the abuse of children, beyond its previous focus on children in state care. More>>

ALSO:

Cases Delayed: Court Staff Refuse To Handle Sentencing Papers

Dozens of court cases have reportedly been delayed, as court staff escalate industrial action at two Auckland courts by enforcing a ban on handling sentencing papers. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Primary Teachers Rolling Strikes

RNZ Report: More than 100,000 primary school students in Auckland will be home from school today as teachers and principals walk off the job for the second time this year. It's the start of a week of rolling one-day strikes around the country, after the collapse of contract negotiations last Thursday. More>>

ALSO:

"Process Was Sound": Inquiry Into Haumaha Appointment Released

The Inquiry’s purpose was to examine, identify, and report on the adequacy of the process that led to the appointment. It found the process was sound and no available relevant information was omitted. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels