Menulog Delivering Good Times And Great Cuisine
Menulog Delivering Good Times And Great Cuisine to Music And Movies in Parks
14 January 2019 - For the second consecutive year, online food delivery service, Menulog, is partnering with Auckland Council to dish up some tasty samples of local cuisine and give away goodies and vouchers at the biggest free summer entertainment series, Movies in Parks and Music in Parks.
Following the popularity of Menulog’s life-size delivery robot at last year’s series, The Menubot will also return to help deliver food and take snaps with the crowd.
At each of the 13 free events Menulog is attending, the Menulog Voucher Blower will have thousands of discount vouchers ready to be snapped up by attendees. There will also be loads of giveaway goodies, including vouchers, air loungers, umbrellas and blankets, for those who download the Menulog app.
At the events, Menulog, New Zealand’s largest online food delivery service, will give hungry movie and concert-goers the chance to sample food from great local restaurants, including slices of pizza, Indian tasters and delicious dumplings.
Menulog NZ Commercial Director, Rory Murphy, says with more than 500 Auckland restaurants on the Menulog platform its main aim is to help its local restaurant partners grow their businesses and ensure as many people as possible get to taste their delicious food.
“The beauty of Movies and Music in Parks is it goes to every corner of Auckland so it’s a great chance to spread the word about some of the city’s best neighbourhood restaurants and in some cases, the area’s best kept secret.”
The latest data from Menulog NZ shows Aucklanders favourite cuisine is Indian, taking up almost half of orders, however also in the top three were Thai and the ever-popular pizza.
“There’s nothing better than sitting down to watch a movie and eating delicious food – it’s something everyone loves, and these events are the perfect opportunity for family and friends to get together and try something new or one of their local favourites,” says Murphy.
At five of the Movies in Parks events, Menulog is introducing Delight Nights, delivering sweet treats to attendees once the movie has started.
Menulog Delight Nights will be at Kingswood Reserve on February 2 for The Greatest Showman, followed by Valentine’s Day movie La La Land at Nixon Park on February 14,Paddington 2 at Mairangi Bay Park on March 22, Christopher Robin at Milford Reserve on April 5, and finishing up at Henderson Park with Peter Rabbit on April 20.
If chilling out to the soundtrack of Kiwi talent is more your scene, Menulog will also be at Kids Music in Parks on January 19 at Coyle Park, Opera in the Park at Dingle Dell in St Heliers on January 26, Rock the Park in Grey Lynn on March 16 and Indie Pop Stars at the Auckland Domain Band Rotunda on March 31.
For movie and music recommendations from this year’s schedule, see here.
Menulog will be attending the following Auckland Council events this summer:
Movies in Parks
· Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Friday January 25 – Ambury Farm, Mangere Bridge
· The Greatest Showman Saturday February 2 – Kingswood Reserve, Papatoetoe
· La La Land Thursday February 14 – Nixon Park, Kingsland
· Despicable Me 3 Friday March 8 – Monte Cecilia Park, Hillsborough
· Paddington 2 Friday March 22 – Mairangi Bay Park, Mairangi Bay
· Back to the Future 2 Friday March 29 – Coyle Park, Point Chevalier
· Christopher Robin Friday April 5 – Milford Reserve, Milford
· Solo: A Star Wars Story Friday April 12 – Riversdale Reserve, Avondale
· Peter Rabbit Saturday April 20 – Henderson Park, Henderson
Music in Parks
· Kids Music in Parks Saturday January 19 – Coyle Park, Pt Chevalier
· Opera in the Park Saturday January 26 – Dingle Dell, St Heliers
· Rock the Park Saturday March 16 – Grey Lynn Park, Grey Lynn
· Indie-Pop Stars Sunday March 31 – Auckland Domain Band Rotunda