NPDC’s pool paw-fect place for a pooch party
It’s time to raise the woof for New Plymouth’s premier outdoor pool party at NPDC’s Todd Energy Aquatic Centre.
The annual Pooches Pool Party on Saturday 4 May will be the final splash of TEAC’s outdoor season.
“We’re squeezing every last drop of fun out of our water as the outdoor pools close for the winter, so get the family down to the pools and be ready to get wet with your pet,” said NPDC’s Recreation and Culture Manager Teresa Turner.
“It’s the one day of the year that dogs can go for a dip at TEAC and we’ll have games and competitions, such as dogs in togs, swimming races, long jump and musical chairs, with prizes too.”
Entry is by gold coin with all proceeds going to the North Taranaki SPCA.
More FM will be there to keep the party rocking along from 1-3pm.
More than 400 dogs brought their owners last year, raising about $1,300 for the SPCA.
NPDC animal control officers will be on hand, along with other animal groups and experts.
Dog owners are advised to bring their togs and read the conditions of entry before coming.
• Dogs must be registered, vaccinated and socialised.
• Owners must clean up after their dogs. Bags are available.
• Owners must be prepared to assist dogs in the water if required.
• Please keep your dog on a lead unless in the pool.
• Note the steps and ramps for the dogs to enter and exit pools.