Latest Events At AMEX Cup Village
LATEST EVENTS IN THE AMEX CUP VILLAGE
· It's all go at the Village Pavilion with the newest retail outlet to open being the New Zealand Art Embassy. They have an extensive representation of New Zealand paintings, ceramics, glass, sculpture, jewellery and object d'art.
· On Board New Zealand are holding a special viewing day of their vessels in the AMEX Cup Village today and Thursday. Between 10am and 2pm you are welcome to go to their vessels located at Hobson West Marina and view the boats, which carry the On Board New Zealand logo. There will be staff on hand to explain the many packages they have on offer for the America's Cup Regatta.
· For Labour Weekend Greg Lay and the team have put an extensive free daily entertainment programme together and this includes a FREE Tongue and Groove concert on Friday night at 8pm on the main stage while on Saturday the Auckland Police Highland Band performs at Midday on the main stage. The band for Saturday night on the main stage is Union.
· Last week the AMEX Cup Village was just 8000 visitors short of 150,000 people. The visitor trends are showing a steady increase with 42,000 people walking through the area last Sunday.
· The Radio Network brands are now broadcasting live from the AMEX Cup Village from their outdoor broadcast van parked on Waitemata Plaza. This has included Kerry Smith and the team from I98FM; Mark Bunting from Classic Hits in the Waikato and tomorrow morning the breakfast team from Radio Hauraki will be there.
· The AMEX Cup Village is becoming a sort after location by the media. In the past week we have hosted the Holmes Show, The Breakfast Show and TV One News sports show and weather and Lotto.