Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Investigate Mag Going On Sale, Despite Gagging

Investigate Mag Going On Sale, Despite Gagging Order

The New Zealand High Court has taken the unprecedented step of ordering pages to be ripped from the upcoming issue of a leading current affairs magazine.

Editor Ian Wishart is furious, especially as lawyers representing New Zealand's Solicitor-General were co-applicants for the gagging order, which interferes with the public's right to be told a major story.

Investigate magazine was slapped with a gagging order last Friday, initially in terms so severe that even the existence of the gagging order was suppressed.

The injunction has been modified and now applies only to a specific major article in the magazine's April issue, which remains banned until a future unspecified date.

However the publishers managed to get court approval for the April issue to go on sale this Wednesday, provided the article in question is physically ripped from the magazine.

Staff will spend Monday and Tuesday removing the banned pages.

Under the terms of the temporary injunction we are forbidden from telling you what the story relates to.

However, the magazine's cover can be viewed at

http://www.investigatemagazine.com


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>