PA Consulting forms new venture company
PA CONSULTING GROUP LAUNCHES CUBIKS, A NEW VENTURE FROM NEW ZEALAND'S LEADING REMUNERATION CONSULTANCY
PA Consulting Group, the leading management, systems and technology consultancy announces today the launch of Cubiks, a new venture company within the PA Group. Formerly known as PA's assessment and development practice, Cubiks will specialise in helping businesses worldwide to improve their performance through the use of e-based tools and services that accelerate and improve the HR decision making process. The New Zealand Salary Survey will continue to form a major part of Cubik's business. Addressing a broad range of areas such as candidate screening, management assessment, staff development, management training and strategic remuneration, Cubiks will provide innovative new products and consultancy services for the HR market.
Jon Moynihan, executive chairman of PA Consulting Group and interim CEO of Cubiks, comments:
"In recent years PA has developed considerable expertise in providing products and services for HR professionals. We now have in place the people and the products to take this success a stage further and I am convinced that as a venture company with its own brand and identity, Cubiks will be able to capture an even greater share of the assessment, development and strategic remuneration sectors." Central to Cubiks' vision and strategy is a commitment to developing the most advanced e-based tools and services available. Earlier this year PA launched PAPI Online, a pioneering web-based system that makes it possible for employers to accurately measure the personality of candidates and employees with the minimum of cost and inconvenience. This is the first in a planned line of similar Internet products from Cubiks.
Mr Kevin McBride, Country Head New Zealand, comments: "PA has a reputation for innovation and has always understood the value of investing in the development of good ideas. We already provide a number of human resources tools to clients in software formats and are convinced that this is the right way forward. The future for HR has to be electronic and on-line so it is important that we are out there leading from the front." By examining behaviour (what a person does, and how well they do it), capability (what a person could do, both now and into the future), and personality or work style (what a person is likely to do), Cubiks will help employers to move beyond traditional competency-based frameworks and measure performance and potential in accurate and effective ways. With 16 offices in 14 countries Cubiks, like PA, will be able to offer its clients a genuinely global service. The company's plans for expansion are ambitious and further Cubiks offices in different regions around the world are due to open in the near future.
Mr Kevin McBride, again comments:
"There are a great many clients both in New Zealand and around the world who rely on PA to help them ensure global consistency, reduced costs and high-quality HR processes. We do whatever we can to help them achieve this and over recent times have spent an increasing portion of our time developing e-based solutions." "By taking this next step and becoming a dedicated venture company with the backing and the resources of PA Consulting Group, Cubiks will be even better placed to help companies worldwide implement their HR strategy and achieve increases in shareholder value."
For further information Kevin McBride Claudia Macdonald/ Country Head Penelope Barr Cubiks Limited Beyond Public Relations Tel: 00 64 4 4996471 Tel: 09 306 1804 Fax: 00 64 4 499 6472 Fax: 09 302 7169 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to the editors
1. Cubiks is a specialist HR consultancy that focuses on helping organisations improve performance by accelerating their human resources decision making.
Using an integrated, e-based assessment portfolio, Cubiks make it possible for employers to select the individuals who will achieve results. Our range extends to support both the on-going evaluation of their effectiveness and their roles as well as developing the specific competencies through training, team building, management development and remuneration strategy.
Cubiks enables HR professionals and line managers to make quick, valid and practical people decisions. By providing solutions that are easy to implement, commercially focussed and jargon-free, Cubiks allows clients to ensure that their HR processes are globally consistent, cost effective, high quality, and ultimately increase shareholder value.
As a venture company in the PA Group, Cubiks combines a global outlook with broad geographic coverage through some 16 offices in 14 countries around the world.
2. PA Consulting Group is a leading management, systems and technology consultancy, with a unique commitment to the integration of these capabilities. Established almost 60 years ago, and operating worldwide from over 30 offices in some 20 countries, PA draws on the knowledge and experience of about 2,700 employees, whose skills span the initial generation of ideas and insights all the way through to detailed implementation, including:
* Strategic management, and managing for shareholder value
* Accelerating business growth, especially through innovation and technology
* Improving business design and perfomance, including customer relationship management, enterprise-wide systems for the supply chain, and full e-business solutions
* Mobilising human resources
* Delivering change effectively, including projects and programmes PA focuses on creating benefits for clients rather than merely proposing them, and this focus is supported by an outstanding implementation track record in every major industry and for governments around the world. PA also develops leading-edge technology both for its clients and within its own portfolio of venture companies in areas ranging from assessment and development consulting, interim management and software to wireless technology and life sciences.
We are proud that our clients say "PA makes it happen".