Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

eVentures New Zealand shares a hit with investors

For immediate release
5 May 2000

eVentures New Zealand shares a hit with investors

Craig Heatley, Chairman of eVentures New Zealand Limited, announced today that the allocation of shares under eVentures New Zealand's initial public offering of shares has been successfully completed.

The offer was successful in meeting its objective of raising NZ$30 million for eVentures New Zealand, achieving a significant spread of approximately 1200 shareholders. The eVentures New Zealand shares have been allocated at the offer price of 60 cents per share and will list under the symbol EVZ on Tuesday 9 May.

Heavy demand for shares from investors meant that the offer was significantly oversubscribed, closing three days early on 1 May. As a result some applications have been subject to scaling, under the terms set out in the investment statement and prospectus.

Clark Perkins, chief executive of J.B. Were & Son (NZ) Ltd (the lead manager and organising broker for the offer) said the strong demand also meant some applicants were unsuccessful in obtaining shares. Unsuccessful or scaled applicants will receive confirmation of their position prior to eVentures' listing on 9 May.

Mr Heatley said he was delighted with the enthusiastic reception from New Zealand investors for the share offer.

"Investors have clearly demonstrated their confidence in eVentures' ability to establish a leading internet presence in New Zealand," Mr Heatley said.

ENDS

For further information contact: Craig Heatley, Chairman eVentures New Zealand Limited 09-358-4103

Clark Perkins, Chief Executive JB Were & Son (NZ) Limited 09-357-3200

Communications Contact: Rachel Catanach 04-499-9111, 025 322 784 rachel@svl.co.nz


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>