Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Retail Sales Indicator (Experimental): July 2000

Retail Sales Indicator (Experimental): July 2000

Retail Sales Indicator - July 2000

Seasonally adjusted retail sales for July are estimated at $3,641 million according to Statistics New Zealand's Retail Sales Indicator. This early estimate of retail sales suggests growth of 1.1 per cent on the June
result. July sales, excluding the motor vehicle sales and servicing storetypes, were $2,601 million, a seasonally adjusted increase of 1.7 per cent on the corresponding June total.

The Retail Sales Indicator is derived from early responses to Statistics New Zealand's monthly Retail Trade Survey. For July, these responses contributed 75 per cent of the published value of the indicator. The other 25 per cent comprises sales estimates for retailers who had not responded by 20 August. These estimates are based on the sales of other similar sized retailers, in a similar activity and location.

Final retail sales statistics for July, including the usual detailed storetype analysis, will be released on Tuesday 5 September. This is a day later than originally advertised. Releases of the Retail Sales Indicator will generally be at 3pm on the 21st day of the month following the reference period or on the next business day should the date fall on a weekend or public holiday.

Ian Ewing DEPUTY GOVERNMENT STATISTICIAN END Helen Vare Printing and Distribution Manager Statistics New Zealand Phone: (04) 495 4721 Fax: (04) 473 2626 Email: helen_vare@stats.govt.nz Home Page: http://www.stats.govt.nz The information in this email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you receive this message in error, please phone us (collect) on 04-495-4600, or notify us via postmaster@stats.govt.nz Hot Off The Press- the first release of the latest statistics. To view visit, www.stats.govt.nz


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Industry Report: Growing Interactive Sector Wants Screen Grants

Introducing a coordinated plan that invests in emerging talent and allows interactive media to access existing screen industry programmes would create hundreds of hi-tech and creative industry jobs. More>>

ALSO:

Ground Rules: Government Moves To Protect Best Growing Land

“Continuing to grow food in the volumes and quality we have come to expect depends on the availability of land and the quality of the soil. Once productive land is built on, we can’t use it for food production, which is why we need to act now.” More>>

ALSO:

Royal Society: Calls For Overhaul Of Gene-Technology Regulations

An expert panel considering the implications of new technologies that allow much more controlled and precise ‘editing’ of genes, has concluded it’s time for an overhaul of the regulations and that there’s an urgent need for wide discussion and debate about gene editing... More>>

ALSO:

Retail: Card Spending Dips In July

Seasonally-adjusted electronic card spending dipped in July by 0.1 percent after being flat in June, according to Stats NZ. Economists had expected a 0.5 percent lift, according to the median in a Bloomberg poll. More>>

ALSO:

Product Stewardship: Govt Takes More Action To Reduce Waste

The Government is proposing a new way to deal with environmentally harmful products before they become waste, including plastic packing and bottles, as part of a wider plan to reduce the amount of rubbish ending up in landfills. More>>

ALSO:

Earnings Update: Fonterra Sees Up To $675m Loss On Writedowns

“While the Co-op’s FY19 underlying earnings range is within the current guidance of 10-15 cents per share, when you take into consideration these likely write-downs, we expect to make a reported loss of $590-675 million this year, which is a 37 to 42 cent loss per share." More>>

ALSO: