Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Retail Sales Indicator: October 2000

Seasonally adjusted retail sales for October are estimated at $3,696 million according to Statistics New Zealand's Retail Sales Indicator. This early estimate of retail sales suggests a decrease of 0.1 per cent on the September result. October sales, excluding the motor vehicle sales and servicing storetypes, were $2,625 million, a seasonally adjusted decrease of 0.1 per cent on the corresponding September total.

The Retail Sales Indicator is derived from early responses to Statistics New Zealand's monthly Retail Trade Survey and should be used with care. For October, these responses contributed 71 per cent of the published value of the indicator. The other 29 per cent comprises sales estimates for those that had not responded by 20 October. These estimates are based on the sales of other similar sized retailers in a similar activity and location.

Final retail sales statistics for October including the usual detailed storetype analysis will be released on Tuesday 5 December. Releases of the Retail Sales Indicator will generally be at 3pm on the 21st day of the month following the reference period or on the next business day should the date fall on a weekend or public holiday.

Ian Ewing DEPUTY GOVERNMENT STATISTICIAN

END


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Nurofen Promotion: Reckitt Benckiser To Plead Guilty To Misleading Ads

Reckitt Benckiser (New Zealand) intends to plead guilty to charges of misleading consumers over the way it promoted a range of Nurofen products, the Commerce Commission says. More>>

ALSO:

Half A Billion Accounts: Yahoo Confirms Huge Data Breach

The account information may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords (the vast majority with bcrypt) and, in some cases, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers. More>>

Rural Branches: Westpac To Close 19 Branches, ANZ Looks At 7

Westpac confirms it will close nineteen branches across the country; ANZ closes its Ngaruawahia branch and is consulting on plans to close six more branches; The bank workers union says many of its members are nervous about their futures and asking ... More>>

Interest Rates: RBNZ's Wheeler Keeps OCR At 2%

Reserve Bank governor Graeme Wheeler kept the official cash rate at 2 percent and said more easing will be needed to get inflation back within the target band. More>>

ALSO:

Half Full: Fonterra Raises Forecast Payout As Global Supply Shrinks

Fonterra Cooperative Group, the dairy processor which will announce annual earnings tomorrow, hiked its forecast payout to farmers by 50 cents per kilogram of milk solids as global supply continues to decline, helping prop up dairy prices. More>>

ALSO:

Results:

Meat Trade: Silver Fern Farms Gets Green Light For Shanghai Maling Deal

The government has given the green light for China's Shanghai Maling Aquarius to acquire half of Silver Fern Farms, New Zealand's biggest meat company, with ministers satisfied it will deliver "substantial and identifiable benefit". More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news