Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Noteholder Vote overwhelmingly in favour

Noteholder Vote overwhelmingly in favour
of Capital Note Arrangement

AUCKLAND, 5 March 2001 – Noteholders in the seven series of Fletcher Challenge Industries Limited Capital Notes have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the Capital Notes arrangement proposed by Fletcher Challenge.

An Extraordinary Resolution for each series of Capital Notes seeking approval of the arrangement was put to Noteholders at adjourned meetings held in Auckland today. The resolution was passed at each such Series meeting by a majority ranging from 96.7 per cent to 99.6 per cent of the votes cast.

Under the arrangement, Capital Noteholders will have 65 per cent of their existing investment redeemed for cash. The remaining 35 per cent of Noteholders’ investment in Capital Notes will be taken over by Fletcher Building and the interest coupon for each series of these Capital Notes will be increased by 0.50 per cent. These notes will be convertible into Fletcher Building shares in certain circumstances

Mr Michael Andrews, Chief Executive Officer of Fletcher Challenge, welcomed the endorsement of the proposed arrangement by the Capital Noteholders.

The completion of the Capital Notes arrangement is subject to the proposed Fletcher Challenge separation transactions being completed. These transactions will be voted on by shareholders at the Special Meeting to be held tomorrow, March 6.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

ScoopPro: Helping The Education Sector Get More Out Of Scoop

The ScoopPro professional license includes a suite of useful information tools for professional users of Scoop including some specifically for those in the education sector to make your Scoop experience better. More>>

Big Tax Bill Due: Destiny Church Charities Deregistered

The independent Charities Registration Board has decided to remove Destiny International Trust and Te Hahi o Nga Matamua Holdings Limited from the Charities Register on 20 December 2017 because of the charities’ persistent failure to meet their annual return obligations. More>>

57 Million Users' Data: Uber Breach "Utterly Preventatable"

Cybersecurity leader Centrify says the Uber data breach of 57 million customer and driver records - which the ride-hailing company hid for more than a year - was “utterly preventable”. More>>

Scoop 3.0: How You Can Help Scoop’s Evolution

We have big plans for 2018 as we look to expand our public interest journalism coverage, upgrade our publishing infrastructure and offer even more valuable business tools to commercial users of Scoop. More>>

Having A Cow? Dairy Product Prices Slide For Fourth Straight Auction

Dairy product prices fell at the Global Dairy Trade auction, retreating for the fourth straight auction amid signs of increased production... Whole milk powder fell 2.7 percent to US$2,778 a tonne. More>>

ALSO:

Statistics: Butter At Record $5.67/Block; High Vegetable Prices

Rising dairy prices have pushed food prices up 2.7 percent in the year to October 2017, Stats NZ said today. This followed a 3.0 percent increase in the year to September 2017. More>>

ALSO:

Science: New Research Finds Herbicides Cause Antibiotic Resistance

New University of Canterbury research confirms that the active ingredients of the commonly used herbicides, RoundUp, Kamba and 2,4-D (glyphosate, dicamba and 2,4-D, respectively), each alone cause antibiotic resistance at concentrations well below label application rates. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Bill Bennett on Tech