Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Princes Wharf purchase settled


FROM ST LAURENCE GROUP

For immediate release

Princes Wharf purchase settled

Princes Wharf Property Fund Ltd and Co, the special partnership formed by St Laurence to buy the commercial leases on Auckland’s Princes Wharf from David Henderson for $46.6 million, settled the purchase last Thursday.

The bond issue was fully subscribed with $8 million being raised from investors. The special partnership (equity) investment reached its minimum subscription level with underwriters taking up the balance.

This is the fourth successful Princes Wharf investment project St Laurence has worked on. They have raised nearly $70 million from investors since January 1999. The $200 million-plus development has transformed the wharf from a series of rundown storage sheds into a premium entertainment and accommodation centre.

“Princes Wharf has proven to be a very attractive investment opportunity for all those investors who either funded the hotel and car parks or the commercial property,” says St Laurence managing director Kevin Podmore.

“The recent fall in bank interest rates has also resulted in our increasing profit expectations for the coming year. This, together with the recent signing of a new lease by USA-based eContractCentre Limited, a company specialising in providing air pollution control systems internationally, has meant a very positive start to the partnership. eContactCenter is taking over the premises recently vacated by European Car Rentals.”

-ends-

For more information, please contact Kevin Podmore, (04) 499-3219


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>