Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

WIAL and Qantas Liquidation Fact Sheet

FACT SHEET

1. Tasman Pacific/Qantas New Zealand (Qantas NZ) have a large number of creditors which we understand run to many millions of dollars.

2. Wellington International Airport Limited (WIAL) is a creditor and is owed $750,000. Amounts have been overdue since 20 March and WIAL has been taking action since that time to gain recovery without receiving any constructive response from Qantas NZ.

3. Once WIAL was notified that Qantas Airways was in discussions to buy Qantas NZ WIAL agreed to wait on developments.

4. On 19 April WIAL was notified that Qantas Airways was no longer in negotiations to buy Qantas NZ. WIAL therefore sought payment from Qantas NZ of amounts outstanding for settlement to occur by 4.00pm 20 April or services would be withdrawn at that time.

5. Qantas NZ’s response were telephone calls from the Chairman of Qantas NZ and Financial Administrator who suggested payment would be made in June 2002, with nothing to support how this debt would be dealt with. There was no suggestion that the shareholders of Qantas NZ would inject further funds.

6. At 3.00pm on Friday 20 April WIAL notified Qantas NZ (as per attachment) that it would delay withdrawing services and would make a press release at 9.00am on Tuesday 24 April announcing the withdrawal of operational systems, such as aerobridges, baggage systems etc. from 9.00am Monday 30 April. The purpose of this advance warning was to minimise inconvenience to the travelling public.

7. WIAL notified CIAL and AIAL of its decision and copied them the intended press release.

8. WIAL did not, and cannot, refuse landing by Qantas NZ aircraft or any other aircraft.

9. WIAL understands other creditors had already withdrawn services from approximately 10.00am Friday 20 April.


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>