Dye Hairdresser Dye!!!
- Ignorance would appear to be rife in Hairdressing, with a general lack of education, training & safety precautions being practiced. How is it possible with current occupational health regulations, for the Hairdressing industry to poison it’s members?
- A high number of apprentice hairdressers are developing AAD syndrome within 6 months of beginning their career. Could this be labelled workplace abuse?
- Dr Rosemary Nixon has recently addressed the Australasian College of Dermatologists with both the findings of her study and her concerns at the level of ignorance and nonchalance displayed in the handling of chemicals and of the threats that allergies, to these substances, hold for hairdressers.
- A recent study of 193 students & 184 practising hairdressers found they had poor knowledge of the hazardous chemicals they were using & of the threat of lifetime suffering from allergies!
- Dr Nixon states that trainees are assigned the riskiest tasks, with little or no attention to safety. “They don’t realise that once they become allergic, they’re allergic for life”
- The answer is simple, affordable & morally right !! The lotion GLOVES IN A BOTTLE, gives excellent protection against chemical absorption, the possibility of dermatitis, moisture loss and odour retention.
- GLOVES IN A BOTTLE is waterproof, non-greasy, non-toxic, biodegradeable & wears off (exfoliates) naturally over 3-4 hours.
- Employers may not be able to change the substances they need to handle in their workplace. They can however, raise the level of care they afford their employees. Ignorance is no excuse !
- How can they do this? They MUST phone 09-373-2284 All hours, to learn how to get hold of GLOVES IN A BOTTLE. Remember, the next time WE pay for a colour, cut & blow wave, the hairdresser will pay for the rest of his or her life !