Ninety-Two Nominations For Shareholders’ Council
Ninety-two valid nominations for the Global Dairy Company Shareholders’ Council have been received, Global Dairy Company Chairman John Roadley announced today.
Mr Roadley said the response was positive.
“I’m pleased that so many shareholders are prepared to put their hands up to represent their neighbours on the council,” he said. “The council is going to be a key watchdog of the company’s performance. My fellow directors and I look forward to being accountable to shareholders both directly and indirectly through the council.”
Among its important roles, the council will work with the board to develop the company’s co-operative principles and approve its mission statement and values. Almost as soon as it is elected, it will have to appoint the Valuer of the company’s shares and work with a Minister to appoint the Milk Commissioner.
The first council will consist of 46 councillors representing 25 geographical wards. The 92 nominations mean there will be contested elections in 18 wards. The remaining wards have candidates to fill their seats on the council.
Voting forms will be posted to shareholders on Thursday 19 July along with profiles of the candidates. Shareholders will begin to receive them in the following days. Shareholders will have until noon on Friday 3 August to get their voting forms back to the company. Mr Roadley will announce the results on Monday 6 August. The elections will be scrutinised by KPMG.
All nominees for the council will receive training on 26 July and successful candidates will receive further training in August.
NOMINATIONS FOR SHAREHOLDERS COUNCIL
Ward District Seats Candidate(s)
1. Northern Northland 1 Kevin BAXTER
2. Central Northland 2 Kevin ALEXANDER
3. Southern Northland 2 Carl GORDON
Roy VAN HARLINGEN
4. South Auckland 2 Neil BATEUP
5. Hamilton 2 Neil MCLEAN
6. Te Awamutu 2 Allan MOCKFORD
7. Otorohanga 2 Gordon MCIVOR
8. Rotorua 2 Selwyn BENNETT
9. Bay of Plenty 2 Catherine BULL
10. South Waikato 2 Alma ASPIN
11. Matamata 2 David GASQUOINE
12. Te Aroha 2 Stephen SILCOCK
13. Hauraki 2 John BUBB
14. Northern Taranaki 2 Peter ADAMSKI
15. Coastal Taranaki 2 Neville ARDERN
16. Central Taranaki 2 Murray CROSS
17. South Taranaki 2 Roger BENT
18. Manawatu 2 Graeme BAGRIE
19. Wairarapa 1 John MONAGHAN
20. Hawkes Bay 1 Robert ANDERSON
21. Tasman/Marlborough 1 Rod O’BEIRNE
22. Canterbury North 2 David IRVINE
23. Canterbury South 2 Bryan BEESTON
24. Otago/Northern Central Southland 2 Ad BEKKERS
25. South Central/Western Southland 2 Jack HOOGEVEEN
Philip VAN DER BIJL