Community Probation Staff Settle
"After more than 9 months of negotiations and 6 days of strike action, PSA members have voted to ratify a new collective employment agreement with the Community Probation Service" says PSA National Secretary Richard Wagstaff.
"A lot of hard work and effort has been put in by PSA members and delegates over the past 9 months to settle this new employment agreement. There is now a lot more work to be done to ensure that the agreements made are fully implemented.
"We are confident that the solidarity shown by PSA members, particulary during the 6 days of strike action, has changed the dynamics of the employment relationship. PSA members will be more fully involved in determining the direction of the Probation service," said Richard Wagstaff
The settlement contains the following features:
- An immediate increase in base salary rates for Administration Officers of between $600.00 and $3159.00 and for Probation Officers of between $600.00 and $1571.00. The majority of Probation officers will recieve an increase of $1332.00.
- A one off payment of $750.00;
- A new enhanced salary scale that sees the bottom step of the of the PO scale rising by 4.1% and the top step increasing by 13%;
- A completely new and more accessible and workable competency system that has been developed with full participation by PSA representatives;
- Measures to address PSA concerns about management style, workload issues, and safety.