Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Bluesparks & Others restrained from making offer


News Release
23 May 2002


Bluesparks & Others restrained from making new offer to some
Otago Power Limited shareholders

The Takeovers Panel has restrained Bluesparks & Others from soliciting or acting on any acceptances resulting from letters sent to the largest shareholders in Otago Power Limited on or about 22 May 2002.

This order expires at 5.00 p.m. on 31 May 2002.

The restraining order followed a request to the Panel from One Otago Limited (OPL) earlier today. OPL asked the Panel to convene a meeting and make interim restraining orders relating to letters sent by Bluesparks & Others to certain shareholders in OPL.

The Panel considers that the letters may constitute a variation of Bluesparks & Others’ offer dated 8 May 2002. The Takeovers Code limits the way in which an offer can be varied.

The Panel will hold a meeting to decide whether to exercise its powers under section 32 of the Takeovers Act 1993. The meeting will be held at 10.00 a.m. on Wednesday 29 May 2002. The meeting will be a private meeting.

… ends …


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Voluntary Administration: Renaissance Brewing Up For Sale

Renaissance Brewing, the first local company to raise capital through equity crowdfunding, is up for sale after cash flow woes and product management issues led to the appointment of voluntary administrators. More>>

Elsewhere:

Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:

Media Mega Merger: Full Steam Ahead For Appeal

New Zealand's two largest news publishers have confirmed they are committed to pursuing their appeal against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>