Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Leadership Change At Maltapost

30 May 2002


Transend Worldwide Ltd, a subsidiary of New Zealand Post and Maltapost plc have announced that Maltapost CEO Bob Macgregor is to leave the company from 31 May.

The announcement was made Wednesday in Malta (early Thursday morning New Zealand time).

Acting Managing Director of Transend, John Allen, said Mr Macgregor had successfully made operational improvements in the business and had overseen the development of the of Maltapost’s five year business plan.

"With the long-term business plan substantively completed, the focus will now shift to implementation of the plan and revenue growth.

“The decision to seek a new CEO with a greater emphasis on innovation and business development has been taken at an early stage and with the interests of Maltapost uppermost in mind.

“The Board and Shareholders of Maltapost thank Mr Macgregor for his efforts in Malta and wish him well for the future.”

The decision to seek a new CEO was made by the Board of Maltapost with the support of shareholders Malta Government Investments and Transend. Mr Macgregor began work as CEO of Maltapost on February 1st after being selected by Transend and confirmed by the Board of Maltapost.

NOTES

Maltapost media release attached

ENDS


Leadership change at Maltapost

Maltapost plc and Transend Worldwide Limited announced today that Maltapost CEO Mr Bob Macgregor is to leave the company from 31 May.

Mr Frank Dimech, Chairman of Maltapost, said that with the business case subtantively completed, the focus would now change to business development and revenue growth.

The decision was made by the Board of MaltaPost with the support of both shareholders.

Mr Frank Dimech, Chairman, Maltapost will take over the interim running of the company until the appointment of a new CEO.

“Mr Macgregor had successfully made operational improvements in the business and has overseen the development of the long term business plan, said Mr Dimech.

“We are now looking for a change of leadership to manage the implementation of the plan and take the business forward. Maltapost remains confident in its working relationship with Transend and we will work together to appoint a new CEO.”


Notes to editors:

Transend has a 35 percent shareholding in Maltapost. Malta Government Investments holds the remaining 65 percent share.

For further information contact:

Frank Dimech
Maltapost plc

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

I Sing The Highway Electric: Charge Net NZ To Connect New Zealand

BMW is turning Middle Earth electric after today announcing a substantial contribution to the charging network Charge Net NZ. This landmark partnership will enable Kiwis to drive their electric vehicles (EVs) right across New Zealand through the installation of a fast charging highway stretching from Kaitaia to Invercargill. More>>

ALSO:

Watch This Space: Mahia Rocket Lab Launch Site Officially Opened

Economic Development Minster Steven Joyce today opened New Zealand’s first orbital launch site, Rocket Lab Launch Complex 1, on the Mahia Peninsula on the North Island’s east coast. More>>

Earlier:

Marketing Rocks!
Ig Nobel Award Winners Assess The Personality Of Rocks

A Massey University marketing lecturer has received the 2016 Ig Nobel Prize for economics for a research project that asked university students to describe the “brand personalities” of three rocks. More>>

ALSO:

Nurofen Promotion: Reckitt Benckiser To Plead Guilty To Misleading Ads

Reckitt Benckiser (New Zealand) intends to plead guilty to charges of misleading consumers over the way it promoted a range of Nurofen products, the Commerce Commission says. More>>

ALSO:

Half A Billion Accounts, Including Xtra: Yahoo Confirms Huge Data Breach

The account information may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords (the vast majority with bcrypt) and, in some cases, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers. More>>

ALSO:

Rural Branches: Westpac To Close 19 Branches, ANZ Looks At 7

Westpac confirms it will close nineteen branches across the country; ANZ closes its Ngaruawahia branch and is consulting on plans to close six more branches; The bank workers union says many of its members are nervous about their futures and asking ... More>>

Interest Rates: RBNZ's Wheeler Keeps OCR At 2%

Reserve Bank governor Graeme Wheeler kept the official cash rate at 2 percent and said more easing will be needed to get inflation back within the target band. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news