Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Australian Businessman Joins Fonterra Board

Friday 21 June, 2002

Prominent Australian Businessman Joins Fonterra Board

The Chairman of the Board of Fonterra, John Roadley, has announced the appointment of one of Australasia’s leading businessmen as an independent Director.

“I am delighted to be able to announce that David Hoare will join Fonterra’s Board in July.”

“Mr Hoare brings to Fonterra considerable board experience in running multi-national companies, global markets and corporate governance. He chaired Australia’s largest company for nearly 10 years and is highly respected among senior business and government leaders.

“At just over 250 days old Fonterra has already enjoyed some considerable success in advancing our global strategy.”

“We are now looking to build on these successes. With three decades of experience as a leader in large companies Mr Hoare’s background brings a range of additional skills to the Board going forward.”

Mr Hoare, who is Sydney based, will fill the vacancy left by Mike Smith, who resigned earlier this year and will attend his first Board meeting in July.

ENDS

Background

Highlights of Mr Hoare’s career include:

- Chairman of Telstra Corporation for three successive terms, including overseeing the A$15-billion public share issue that made it Australia’s biggest company.

- Managing Director and then Chairman of Bankers Trust Australia Ltd.

- Chairman of the Australian Stock Exchange Supervisory Review.

- Chairman of the Australian Graduate School of Management, Australia’s top business school.

- Director of BT Financial Group Ltd, the holding company of the Australian activities of the Principal Group, a US-based life assurance company with international operations and a market capitalization of $US10-billion.

- Director of Hanson PLC, one of the world’s largest building materials producers.


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>