Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Carter Holt Harvey moves to full ASX listing today

Carter Holt Harvey celebrated the success of its growth in Australia at a function held at Exchange Square, Sydney, last night (Wednesday 26th June). This marked the company’s move to a full compliance listing on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) – effective today.

Speaking to investors, government officials and business leaders, Carter Holt Harvey Chief Executive Officer, Chris Liddell, said the company’s move from a foreign exempt to a full listing on the ASX reflected the company’s commitment to the Australian market.

“Over the past decade Carter Holt Harvey has matured from a New Zealand based exporter to become a true Australian success. By market capitalisation we are in the top 50 listed companies in Australia. Our Australian businesses are leaders in almost all of their market segments, from timber, flooring panels, particleboard, MDF and laminated veneer lumber to toilet tissue and paper towels.”

“Almost every Australian uses Carter Holt Harvey’s products. Many of our leading brands are household names - Sorbent, Handee, Purex, Deeko, Libra, Tena, Structaflor, Laserframe, Customwood and Pinex. Our aim is to make our company name as well known as our leading brands.”

Since Carter Holt Harvey began its programme of strategic acquisitions in Australia in 1993, it has grown to have nine Australian based businesses, over 4,000 staff and 32 facilities. Our assets in Australia are now worth A$1.8 billion. Sales revenue has grown steadily with 44% of company sales now derived from Australia, compared to 32% from New Zealand and 24% from Asia and other markets.

Mr Liddell said, “Australia has given us an opportunity to leverage our expertise in a market we now know as well as our own. Our move to an ASX full compliance listing recognises our role as a company that is shaping and building the future of Australia.”

- ENDS -

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>