Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Rubicon responds to GPG request


Rubicon responds to GPG request

The Special Committee of the Rubicon Limited (Rubicon) Board (being all directors other than Dr Gary Weiss and Tony Gibbs of GPG) has considered GPG Forests Limited (GPG) request that the Company agree to GPG amending its original 28 August 2002 intention to make an offer, so that the revised offer (if made) would be for 40% of the outstanding Rubicon shares that GPG does not already own at a price of 75 cents per share (conditional on achieving acceptances which would leave GPG holding more than 50% of Rubicon).

The Special Committee sought advice from the Takeovers Panel as to the factors the Committee should consider in approving or declining the GPG request. The Panel has said that “It is for the directors of Rubicon Limited when considering a request to approve a variation under 44 (1)(b)(iii) of the Takeovers Code to make a decision that is bona fide in the best interests of Rubicon Limited’s shareholders.”

The Special Committee strongly believes that it is in the best interests of Rubicon shareholders that they receive the Special Committee’s Response Statement (as required by Rule 46 of the Takeovers Code), which will include a full independent adviser’s report being undertaken by Grant Samuel, at the same time as the GPG offer is despatched to Rubicon shareholders. Based on the Special Committee’s belief that the Company should be in a position to respond by Friday 27 September, this would involve the Offer and Response Statement being sent to shareholders on that date.

Accordingly, the Committee has advised GPG that it is prepared to agree to its request on the basis that GPG amend its current offer in a form compliant with the Takeovers code and that both GPG’s and the Company’s documents are despatched on Friday 27 September 2002.


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>