Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Maui Gas Production Status


Maui Gas Production Status

The Maui Joint Venture advises that gas production constraints following the outage of 11 February have been overcome as of 11.30pm last night (Wednesday 12 February), and normal production has resumed.

Following the re-powering of the production facility using auxiliary power supply on Tuesday 11 January, gas production was constrained to around 50% of normal system deliverability, pending repair to damaged turbine generators on the platform. The heat from the turbines is essential to processing the gas and removing the risk of hydrate formation and blockage in the pipeline to shore.

Full process and heat capacity, was restored last night with gas supply returned to normal levels. Investigations into the root cause of turbine generator failure are continuing. The investigations involve experts from the turbine manufacturer who were mobilised to the Maui A platform on Tuesday. It is noted that problems, which resulted in turbine generator damage, have never previously occurred in the 23-year production history of the Maui facilities.

Repairs to the three turbine generators are underway although it will be several weeks before full system redundancy is available. In the interim auxiliary generators and heat recovery systems mobilised to the platform will be sufficient to meet normal gas supply requirements.

Throughout the period of constrained gas production, the Maui Joint Venture, via its operators, Shell Todd Oil Services (STOS) and NGC, who operate Gas Control - which manages the gas delivery system - provided full disclosure to Maui Contracts Management Limited, representing the Crown, with continuous information and updates on the status of the gas production system and associated process constraints.


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>