Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

NZ One Tonne Wine Auction


Media Release February 19, 2003

NZ's international wine reputation to be recognised in Webb's inaugural One Tonne NZ wine auction

New Zealand's international reputation as a leading premium new world winemaker will be recognised at the inaugural One Tonne Wine Auction in Auckland on March 1.

The One Tonne Auction of fine New Zealand wines marks the beginning of a new era for New Zealand's leading wine producers.

It is a joint venture between wine website sommnet.com and leading NZ auctioneer Peter Webb Galleries. It is the first time New Zealand's top wines have been available in large quantities to the world's fine wine trade and investors.

The auction will test New Zealand's international reputation for creating some of the world's finest and most rare wines, auctioneer Peter Webb said today.

The major auction is intended to be the highlight of the New Zealand wine year, featuring star producers such as Cloudy Bay, Te Mata Estate, Hunter's, Martinborough, Craggy Range, Daniel Schuster and Ata Rangi.

Wines are normally available only by allocation, often in single bottles, will be on offer in more than 100 lots of up to 75 cases.

The tonne is a standard worldwide shipping measure which has its origins in the wine trade.

``The One Tonne Auction is the final step towards maturity by the youthful New Zealand wine industry, releasing its best wines onto the open market for the first time,'' auctioneer Peter Webb said today.

``New Zealand wine is already acclaimed by the world's critics. Now the spotlight is on the reaction of the international fine wine market to New Zealand's outstanding performers.''

The auction will attract a who's who of the New Zealand wine world include investors, winemakers, enthusiasts, many of whom will attend a number of special functions.

Ends

Media advisory: For further information, interviews, camera shots of the cases or photos contact Simon Mickleson at Webb's 027 277 8777 or Kip Brook, Word of Mouth Media NZ, 021 0338455


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>