Community Support Foundation 2003/2004 Recipients
TVNZ Community Support Foundation 2003/2004 Recipients Announced
TVNZ today announced the recipients for the TVNZ Community Support Foundation for the 2003/2004 year.
Twelve organisations working in the areas of health, welfare, education, youth and culture have been chosen to receive the airtime that TVNZ provides each year to assist them with their fundraising efforts.
TVNZ Marketing Director, Annemarie Duff said, "TVNZ is proud to assist not for profit and charitable organisations to raise awareness of their specific activities with all New Zealanders. Over the last 19 years TVNZ has been able to not only provide airtime support but also offer strategic direction to assist many of these organisations to meet their objectives. We look forward to working with the twelve new TVNZ Community Support Foundation recipients over the next year."
The following organisations will receive airtime for one month each, commencing 1 July 2003:
* JULY 03 Habitat for Humanity
* AUGUST 03 Child Development Foundation
* SEPTEMBER 03 Maori Language Commission
* OCTOBER 03 First Foundation
* NOVEMBER 03 Diabetes New Zealand Inc.
* DECEMBER 03 Riding for the Disabled
* JANUARY 04 Coastguard Boating Education Service
* FEBRUARY 04 Parenting with Confidence
* MARCH 04 Hearing Dogs for Deaf People New Zealand * APRIL 04 Odyssey House
* MAY 04 Autism New Zealand
* JUNE 04 Refugee and Migrant Service
Grant Cathro, Executive Director of Habitat For Humanity New Zealand said, "Habitat for Humanity is very appreciative of the sponsorship provided through the TVNZ Community Support Foundation. It enables us to have a co-ordinated and expansive media approach for our fundraising activities.
We have found TVNZ to be not only supportive but fully
committed to assist organisations that are making a
difference in the community ... rebuilding our communities,
one family at a time."