Origin slashes the cost of airfare flexibility
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Origin Pacific slashes the cost of airfare flexibility
Origin Pacific has today introduced changeability on ALL its fare types together with fare cuts on maximum flexibility fares.
The fully flexible fares now start at prices up to 30% lower than before and will be significantly below any other carrier in New Zealand. Amendments to conditions for the lowest cost standard fares will mean travellers can now change their bookings on “use it or lose it” fare levels as well.
“This is a bold move and will make Origin Pacific very much the leader in providing the best fares with the best conditions,” says Origin Pacific CEO Tony Marks. “We have listened to the market and decided to go for simplicity. There will be only two main fare types both with inbuilt flexibility options. This structure will appeal to most travellers who find all the various terms and conditions of airfares a pain.”
Highlights of the new
package, to be released this weekend, are:
- There are only 2 fare types – JustGo and EasyGo.
- All the fares can be changed.
- The “EasyGo” range of fully flexible and refundable fares principally aimed at business travellers now start at prices up to 30% lower than before. As an example, on Nelson – Wellington, the lowest Origin Pacific fare attracting these conditions was $139. It is now only $95.
- ALL standard Origin Pacific fares, including the JustGo lowest fares, can be changed with no more “use it or lose it “conditions - great for leisure travellers.
- The popular “ GoSure” prepaid flexibility option, which eliminates heavy cancellation or change fees on low fares, is now extended to include previously “use it or lose it” fares. Travellers can avoid the harsh change charges others demand.
“We believe these further enhancements to Origin Pacific’s fare range are in the best interests of the travelling public for whom airfare terms and conditions have become onerous and difficult to understand. We are sure that Origin Pacific’s ease and flexibility combined with lower domestic fares will be very well received”.