Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Arthur Ellis On Acquisition Trail

Arthur Ellis On Acquisition Trail – Timberland Added To Brand Portfolio

Outdoor equipment and apparel company, Arthur Ellis Limited today announced it had bought the distribution rights to well known footwear and apparel brand Timberland in Australia and New Zealand effective immediately.

Arthur Ellis, headed by apparel entrepreneur Hugo Venter, owns and manages well known brands such as Columbia Sportswear, Fairydown Adventure and The Great Outdoors.

One of the top global footwear brands, Timberland was established in the US in 1955 and is now sold in 90 countries. The growth of the brand in recent years has been exception with global sales now in excess of USD $1 billion.

Within Australasia, Timberland footwear, apparel and accessories are sold via Timberland branded stores and wholesale distribution. These stores are located in Parnell, Auckland, Auckland International Airport, Wellington, Queenstown and Sydney. Wholesale distribution is through concept areas in Australian department stores David Jones and Myer Grace Bros., in addition to speciality outlets such as Rebel Sports.

Arthur Ellis has bought the assets of the Timberland stores and the property leases have been assigned from previous licensee Momentum Brands. The Timberland licence was secured directly from The Timberland Company.

Arthur Ellis managing director, Hugo Venter says the acquisition of the Timberland distribution rights is another milestone for the company. “Our stated goal is to grow and strengthen the company through a combination of synergistic acquisitions and organic growth.”

Arthur Ellis intends to increase market penetration of the Timberland brand within the Australasian market. In addition, the brand adds depth and credibility to the overall Arthur Ellis product offering and improves access to a wider distribution network for all Arthur Ellis brands, Venter says.

As a casual outerwear offering, Timberland is complementary to the company’s existing apparel brands, with Columbia in the active outerwear category and Zone by Fairydown Adventure as a technical/performance orientated range.

“We are a brand marketing company with a stable of high quality brands, Timberland is a natural addition. Its footwear is internationally recognisable and it will be a premier footwear brand within Arthur Ellis.”

This is Arthur Ellis’ second acquisition in less than four months – the company bought Survival Apparel, which includes the Survival Merino and Everwarm brands, in May – and will not be the last, Venter says.

Venter bought 40% of Arthur Ellis Limited in October last year, with the remaining 60% owned by AMP Henderson Global Investors’ Private Capital Fund. One of New Zealand’s oldest companies, Arthur Ellis’ annual turnover exceeds $50 million.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Half A Billion Accounts: Yahoo Confirms Huge Data Breach

The account information may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords (the vast majority with bcrypt) and, in some cases, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers. More>>

Rural Branches: Westpac To Close 19 Branches, ANZ Looks At 7

Westpac confirms it will close nineteen branches across the country; ANZ closes its Ngaruawahia branch and is consulting on plans to close six more branches; The bank workers union says many of its members are nervous about their futures and asking ... More>>

Interest Rates: RBNZ's Wheeler Keeps OCR At 2%

Reserve Bank governor Graeme Wheeler kept the official cash rate at 2 percent and said more easing will be needed to get inflation back within the target band. More>>

ALSO:

Half Full: Fonterra Raises Forecast Payout As Global Supply Shrinks

Fonterra Cooperative Group, the dairy processor which will announce annual earnings tomorrow, hiked its forecast payout to farmers by 50 cents per kilogram of milk solids as global supply continues to decline, helping prop up dairy prices. More>>

ALSO:

Results:

Meat Trade: Silver Fern Farms Gets Green Light For Shanghai Maling Deal

The government has given the green light for China's Shanghai Maling Aquarius to acquire half of Silver Fern Farms, New Zealand's biggest meat company, with ministers satisfied it will deliver "substantial and identifiable benefit". More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news