Dedicated, Cost-effective, Energy Efficient Homes
Energy Efficient Homes Ltd.
Finally: Dedicated, Cost-effective, Energy Efficient Homes for NZ
Auckland, NZ, 19th of August, 2003 – Energy Efficient Homes Limited (EEH) offers for the first time in NZ, dedicated, highly evolved, pre-engineered, energy efficient homes. Over 50 gorgeous architectural designer, pre-engineered homes (see www.eehnz.com) are available with new designs being added monthly. Properly designed Energy Efficient homes are no longer expensive, and the excuse “the climate does not warrant” it is no longer valid based on the looming energy crisis and ever-increasing costs of energy. EEH is a new NZ company offering energy efficient homes for the first time in NZ. All EEH homes are energy efficient.
well-designed energy efficient home will use the heat from
the sun, humans and appliances such as fridges, stoves and
TV’s, to offset winter heating requirements” said Ron
Theaker, MD of Energy Efficient Homes Limited. One
homeowner, C.G. of Wellington said, “…we have never lived
in such a warm house. ”
The most talked about features which set EEH designs apart from most NZ homes include:
1. Architectural designs with incredible
fenestrations and use of glass. Many open plan
2. SuperWindow ™ Huge expanses of insulated SuperWindows ™, set many of the designs apart. All EEH windows are hermetically sealed, Double Glazed Glass with Low-E2 coating and Argon gas cavity insertion. These windows represent the state of the art in Windows, with thermal insulation values of almost 100% over normal windows. All windows that open include insect screens and integrated security locks.
3. SuperInsulation with vapor barrier: 140mm of pink bats in the 6x2 walls, and 400mm (almost half a meter) in exterior ceilings. SuperInsulation will drastically improve living conditions and heating/cooling costs year-round. Benefits will be felt in Auckland as well as Dunedin.
4. Walls: 6x2 Exterior wall, 13mm Plywood sheathing, equals 300% improvement in structural integrity. The homes are certified to Zone 2 seismic levels. Timber is typically “J” export grade, EU certified, and kiln dried.
5. Floors: All sub-floors are 16mm Tongue & Groove Plywood, glued and screwed on joists, allowing the homes to be built on sloping sections.
6. Roof: 13mm Plywood sheathing for structural integrity, and optional asphalt shingles for low maintenance & low rain noise. Other roofing options are available. Leaky building syndrome is a non-issue.
7. Options: Most designs can be modified to optimise passive solar , and or active solar. Most are also feng shui compatible.
The EEH systems are relatively easy and quick to construct and come fully pre-engineered/certified. Available as Kitset, Lock-up shell, or turnkey home in choices of exterior and colour. Complete customization is also available.
Cost: Cost varies with model, however, a concerted effort has be applied to achieving cost savings. Often the cost of the complete super insulated lockup shell (for example Ex Auckland), can be erected to lock-up shell for less than $790 per SqM. Price does vary with model, location and foundation. Full sub-floor design allows maximum location flexibility, including erection on sloped sections, especially pertinent for those with a view. Variety of designs range from baches and cottages to full luxury homes and everything in between.
Energy Efficient Homes are the perfect foundation for incorporating alternate energy technologies.
Many tens of thousands of these homes have been built worldwide, with proven results. The homes are pre-engineered, all critical components are pre-sized and pre-cut under exacting ISO-9001 specification at the factory. Model PA-607 included here, is one model that emphasizes dramatic architectural design characteristics and illustrates the spectacular use of glass. Over 30 models have been included on the EEH website: www.eehnz.com, with many more due in the coming months.
show: EEH will occupy booth 1750 at the upcoming Auckland
Home show, Sept 10-14th. This is located in the new ECO Hall
Graphics: Pictures attached are released for use with this article, all images © EEH 2003, higher resolution graphics available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAPTION: Model CO-404, Conventional looking EEH design
CAPTION: Model PA-607, 3BR, Cathedral ceiling, lavish glass fenestrations, upstairs view balcony, open plan & Skylit Ensuite.