Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Manly Beach Bach Sale Sets “New Standard”

NEWS RELEASE
Manly Beach Bach Sale Sets “New Standard”


It didn’t have to be beachfront for a “classic Kiwi bach” in the popular Whangaparaoa community of Manly to achieve $700,000 at auction on Saturday 6 September.

Harcourts Whangaparaoa Sales Consultant, Trevor Hyland said the very old bach on a “quarter acre” section at 106 Ladies Mile was four houses back from the beach. One of the first five baches to be built at Manly, it had also been in the same family since 1932 and was still close to its original condition.

Mr Hyland estimated over 150 people had been through the open homes during the marketing campaign, which ran the four weeks leading up to the auction date. In front of a crowd of around 150 observers, ten keen bidders quickly took the $200,000 opening bid up until it finally sold to Auckland buyers for $700,000.

Mr Hyland, who achieved Number 5 Sales Consultant for Harcourts nationwide 2002-2003, said that in his 15 years of real estate, “this would have to be one of the more interesting properties I have marketed and has certainly set a new standard for property sales in the area.”

He added that the vendors had been approached with at least one good offer prior to the auction, but were committed to the auction date with an outcome that exceeded all expectations.

The auctioneer was Colin Hair, owner of the Harcourts Whangaparaoa office.
…ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>