Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Revolutionary Flea & Roundworm Protection For Cats

Revolutionary Flea and Roundworm Protection for Cats

A revolutionary new product is now available to protect against Fleas and Roundworms (T. cati). Revolution„· is a world first in parasite control for cats and gives New Zealand cat owners the ability to control both internal and external parasites with one easy topical application, once a month.

Researched and developed by Pfizer Animal Health, Revolution is a global innovation for cats, and has proven safety with worldwide use and more than six years of clinical trials.

As the first and only single entity product of its kind in New Zealand, Revolution protects against Fleas, Roundworms and Ear mites in one easy step. With summer approaching, the flea population begins to grow rapidly so early protection against flea infestations is important. Only 5% of fleas live on the cat with the other 95% of the immature flea population living in cat owner¡¦s homes. Not only is Revolution highly effective at killing adult fleas it also kills flea eggs and larvae in the cat¡¦s environment.

Many people are very aware of the need for flea control because they can easily see infestations and sometimes suffer the effects themselves. However, while the need for roundworm control may be less obvious, it is equally important. Revolution offers the simplest option available and removes the major barrier to roundworm control; getting cats to take a pill.

A cat¡¦s health can be compromised if they are not regularly treated for flea and roundworm infestations. Roundworm is the most common worm that can cause general ill health, especially in kittens. Worming rates in New Zealand are low, a fact attributed to a lack of awareness of the need for regular worming treatments but particularly due to the difficulty in doing it yourself at home.

Until the development of Revolution, the only Roundworm control option available was either a paste or pill, both of which can be difficult for many cat owners to administer. This new dual treatment, which is applied directly to the skin at the back of the neck, makes regular treatment of both cats and kittens simple and effective.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

I Sing The Highway Electric: Charge Net NZ To Connect New Zealand

BMW is turning Middle Earth electric after today announcing a substantial contribution to the charging network Charge Net NZ. This landmark partnership will enable Kiwis to drive their electric vehicles (EVs) right across New Zealand through the installation of a fast charging highway stretching from Kaitaia to Invercargill. More>>

ALSO:

Watch This Space: Mahia Rocket Lab Launch Site Officially Opened

Economic Development Minster Steven Joyce today opened New Zealand’s first orbital launch site, Rocket Lab Launch Complex 1, on the Mahia Peninsula on the North Island’s east coast. More>>

Earlier:

Marketing Rocks!
Ig Nobel Award Winners Assess The Personality Of Rocks

A Massey University marketing lecturer has received the 2016 Ig Nobel Prize for economics for a research project that asked university students to describe the “brand personalities” of three rocks. More>>

ALSO:

Nurofen Promotion: Reckitt Benckiser To Plead Guilty To Misleading Ads

Reckitt Benckiser (New Zealand) intends to plead guilty to charges of misleading consumers over the way it promoted a range of Nurofen products, the Commerce Commission says. More>>

ALSO:

Half A Billion Accounts, Including Xtra: Yahoo Confirms Huge Data Breach

The account information may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords (the vast majority with bcrypt) and, in some cases, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers. More>>

ALSO:

Rural Branches: Westpac To Close 19 Branches, ANZ Looks At 7

Westpac confirms it will close nineteen branches across the country; ANZ closes its Ngaruawahia branch and is consulting on plans to close six more branches; The bank workers union says many of its members are nervous about their futures and asking ... More>>

Interest Rates: RBNZ's Wheeler Keeps OCR At 2%

Reserve Bank governor Graeme Wheeler kept the official cash rate at 2 percent and said more easing will be needed to get inflation back within the target band. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news