Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Sealegs Joint Venture in Middle East

Sealegs Joint Venture in Middle East

Auckland -- Listed marine company Sealegs Corporation (NZX:SLG), announced today that its board has resolved to form a joint venture company to manufacture and sell its amphibious boats in the Middle East.


The Dubai based joint venture company will be called Sealegs Dubai LLC and will be 48% owned by Sealegs Corporation. The other 52% will be owned by Albwardy Investment.

The Albwardy Investment group has interests in a range of companies including those in the construction, manufacturing, logistics and marine sectors. The companies in the Albwardy group have a combined annual turnover in excess of US$1 billion and employ 25,000 people.

Albwardy Investment will initially advance US$500,000 into Sealegs Middle East LLC for the establishment of manufacturing and sales facilities.

The chairman of the new joint venture will be prominent Dubai businessman Mr Ali Albwardy. Mr Albwardy said “Dubai is an ideal location for a new Sealegs manufacturing facility and there is a large sales opportunity for Sealegs amphibious boats both in the United Arab Emirates and the surrounding region”.

Sealegs Corporation CEO David McKee Wright said “The joint venture will give Sealegs a strong presence in the Middle East and is the beginning of Sealegs international expansion”.

- ends-

About Sealegs Corporation Sealegs Corporation Limited is a public company listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange Main Board with the ticker symbol SLG.
Sealegs Corporation owns 100% of Sealegs International Limited, the world's leading manufacturer of amphibious boats. For more information on Sealegs see www.sealegs.com

Sealegs Corporation has one other investment, a 19% share holding in Deep Video Imaging. Deep Video Imaging is a technology company which has developed multi-layer display technology.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Onetai Station: Overseas Investment Office Puts Ceol & Muir On Notice

The Overseas Investment Office (OIO) has issued a formal warning to Ceol & Muir and its owners, Argentinian brothers Rafael and Federico Grozovsky, for failing to provide complete and accurate information when they applied to buy Onetai Station in 2013. More>>

ALSO:

Tomorrow, The UN: Feds President Takes Reins At World Farming Body

Federated Farmers president Dr William Rolleston has been appointed acting president of the World Farmers’ Organisation (WFO) at a meeting in Geneva overnight. More>>

ALSO:

I Sing The Highway Electric: Charge Net NZ To Connect New Zealand

BMW is turning Middle Earth electric after today announcing a substantial contribution to the charging network Charge Net NZ. This landmark partnership will enable Kiwis to drive their electric vehicles (EVs) right across New Zealand through the installation of a fast charging highway stretching from Kaitaia to Invercargill. More>>

ALSO:

Watch This Space: Mahia Rocket Lab Launch Site Officially Opened

Economic Development Minster Steven Joyce today opened New Zealand’s first orbital launch site, Rocket Lab Launch Complex 1, on the Mahia Peninsula on the North Island’s east coast. More>>

Earlier:

Marketing Rocks!
Ig Nobel Award Winners Assess The Personality Of Rocks

A Massey University marketing lecturer has received the 2016 Ig Nobel Prize for economics for a research project that asked university students to describe the “brand personalities” of three rocks. More>>

ALSO:

Nurofen Promotion: Reckitt Benckiser To Plead Guilty To Misleading Ads

Reckitt Benckiser (New Zealand) intends to plead guilty to charges of misleading consumers over the way it promoted a range of Nurofen products, the Commerce Commission says. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news