Top line-up set to reveal business insights
For immediate release
Top line-up of speakers set to reveal business
at Thrive Auckland
A day-long event for Auckland’s business community and “would-be” entrepreneurs is being held in Auckland next month, which aims to encourage business development, innovation and growth.
Organised by the Employers and Manufacturers Association (EMA) Northern, Thrive Auckland’s focus is to motivate and promote business success through a programme of key note speakers who are industry leaders and experts.
Alasdair Thompson, CEO of the EMA Northern, says it’s not your usual “run-of-the-mill” business seminar, “Thrive Auckland is about encouraging individual business owners and managers to go for growth, to collectively grow the economy, for the good of all kiwis.”
“Thrive Auckland will give business people from the wider Auckland region, including Whangarei the opportunity to learn from local and international heroes who will give practical tips, explain proven ideas and deliver inspirational messages on how to grow a business of any size.”
The inaugural Thrive Auckland event was held last year and attracted 1,200 people. As Warehouse CEO Stephen Tindall describes it: “THRIVE is a wonderful initiative that encourages entrepreneurship and celebrates business success. The fact that 1,200 business owners and managers spend a whole day at Thrive Auckland is proof that Kiwis want to be motivated and inspired, and they want to grow their businesses.”
Speakers on the programme include:
Hon Helen Clark, Prime Minister of New Zealand
- Murray Thom, Entrepreneur
- John Barnett, Executive Producer, Whale Rider and MD, South Pacific Pictures
- Hon John Banks QSO, Mayor of Auckland
- Karen Walker, Fashion Designer
- Denis Orme, CEO, Bartercard
- Sir Bob Jones
- Diane Foreman, CEO, Emerald Group
- Geoff Ross, Founder, 42 Below Vodka
- John Eales, Former Australian rugby captain and World Cup Winner
- Graham Henry, All Blacks Coach
- Michael Barrymore, Master of Ceremonies
- Dave Dobbyn, Entertainment.
Thrive Auckland 2004 is on the 22 of April at the Aotea Centre. For further information or to register visit www.thriveauckland.co.nz or call 0800 800 362.