Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Direct Flights Form NZ To South Australia


Kiwi travellers to South Australia celebrate direct flights announcement

TRAVELLERS to South Australia are soon to benefit from direct flights between Auckland and Adelaide, following an announcement made by Qantas Airways on Friday.

Qantas will introduce three direct Auckland-Adelaide flights a week from December and the state's tourism industry is celebrating the breakthrough.

After more than a year of lobbying for direct flights, South Australian Premier Mike Rann announced the new Qantas services on Friday. Flights will offer a two-class service on 168-seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

"We are absolutely delighted that Qantas have recognised the potential that Adelaide and South Australia offers as a new gateway for visitors to Australia, and we look forward to the exciting opportunities this commitment means for New Zealand holidaymakers," commented Jane Wilson, NZ Regional Manager for the South Australian Tourism Commission.

"Research has shown New Zealand visitors are looking for a new holiday destination in Australia. Direct flights will provide new opportunities for the conference and incentive markets and the short break weekend tourist, as well as allowing longer stay visitors to make the most of their time in South Australia."

South Australia offers some of the best food and wine experiences in Australia, and with its short driving distances this largely undiscovered State is an ideal holiday destination to also explore the Outback, the Murray River, and the wildlife, beaches and national parks of Kangaroo Island.

These new direct flights will also provide convenient access for those wanting to travel to the Northern Territory or link with the new Ghan rail service running between Adelaide and Darwin.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>