Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Voting in Fonterra Elections Underway

Thursday 15 April 2004

Voting in Fonterra Elections Underway

Voting for the Fonterra Director and Shareholders' Council elections opened today with voting packs and candidate videos also on their way to shareholders.

Returning Officer Warwick Lampp said the voting information packs were already with some shareholders with others on the way.

"With around 13,000 voter packs and videos on the way it's quite a logistical exercise and not all packs will arrive in time for the opening day of voting. That's one of the reasons behind the voting period continuing through until May 12," says Mr Lampp.

There are four candidates for the three available Directors positions with Malcolm Bailey joining the three sitting Directors Chairman Henry van der Heyden, Mark Townshend and Murray Flett. Those three retire by rotation in line with Fonterra's constitution. Three Directors will be elected the nationwide vote of Fonterra shareholders.

On-line secure voting is also available for the first time in the Director elections although it can't be used for the elections in five of the Shareholders' Council wards that require an election. Postal voting and fax voting can be used for all elections.

Results will be announced as soon as they are available following the closing of the polls at midday on May 12.

Shareholders can meet and question Board candidates face-to-face at meetings being held for Fonterra shareholders at the following locations:

Any queries regarding the election should be directed to the Election Hotline on 0508 666 446.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>