Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Sunbeam recalls selected kettles

21 May 2004

Sunbeam recalls selected kettles

Sunbeam has announced the voluntary recall of its Quantum and Quantum Plus kettles, manufactured between March 2003 and May 2004. Specifically, the recall applies to models KE3560 and KE3860 made in China.

Sunbeam General Manager Eric Bleakley says the company has identified a potential risk where the internal conductor wires might overheat, melt through the lower external plastic body of the kettle and thus become exposed. The problem is caused by the conductor wires not being crimped to Sunbeam's specification during the manufacturing process.

Mr Bleakley says the manufacturing problem had been rectified, but recommends consumers return the affected Sunbeam kettles.

“The risk of injury is very low, but we recommend anyone who has one of these kettles return it to their electrical retailer for a replacement kettle,” he explains.

Less than 5000 of the affected Quantum and Quantum Plus kettles KE3560 and KE3860 have been sold in New Zealand.

For further information, consumers can contact Sunbeam between 8am and 6pm seven days a week on 0800 64 66 66 from Saturday 22 May. From Monday 7 June calls will be answered on weekdays only. Information is also available at www.consumer.org.nz

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>