Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


$21m to be released from Access Brokerage account

First $21 million to be released from Access Brokerage Trust deposit account

The liquidators of Access Brokerage Limited (Access) and Bank of New Zealand have today agreed a process to allow the partial release of funds held in the Access Trust deposit accounts at Bank of New Zealand. It is anticipated these funds will be available late next week.

Bank of New Zealand Head of Corporate Management, Alan Adcock, says the Bank is delighted that Access’ customers will now have some immediate relief from the uncertainty that has surrounded the holding of funds in the Access Trust deposit account.

Under the agreed arrangements nearly 75 percent of Access’ customers, who hold balances of less than $1000, will be paid out in full next week.

The remaining customers (approximately 2,500) will receive 60 percent of their balances now, with the remaining 40 percent retained by the liquidator while remaining legal issues are resolved.

To facilitate the payments, full customer account details and amounts will be extracted from Access’ files by the liquidator and provided to Bank of New Zealand for processing.

Mr Adcock also said the liquidator has announced that he intends to lodge an application in the High Court next week to ensure that the balance of the fund was distributed as soon as possible.

“This has been a very difficult time for customers of Access, and these arrangements provide immediate resolution for as many of the affected people as possible. We recognise that this leaves other Access customers with unresolved issues, and we are hopeful they are settled soon.”


“We are delighted at this initial progress, which sees over $21 million of funds released, and hope the remaining issues can be resolved soon,” said Mr Adcock.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

I Sing The Highway Electric: Charge Net NZ To Connect New Zealand

BMW is turning Middle Earth electric after today announcing a substantial contribution to the charging network Charge Net NZ. This landmark partnership will enable Kiwis to drive their electric vehicles (EVs) right across New Zealand through the installation of a fast charging highway stretching from Kaitaia to Invercargill. More>>

ALSO:

Watch This Space: Mahia Rocket Lab Launch Site Officially Opened

Economic Development Minster Steven Joyce today opened New Zealand’s first orbital launch site, Rocket Lab Launch Complex 1, on the Mahia Peninsula on the North Island’s east coast. More>>

Earlier:

Marketing Rocks!
Ig Nobel Award Winners Assess The Personality Of Rocks

A Massey University marketing lecturer has received the 2016 Ig Nobel Prize for economics for a research project that asked university students to describe the “brand personalities” of three rocks. More>>

ALSO:

Nurofen Promotion: Reckitt Benckiser To Plead Guilty To Misleading Ads

Reckitt Benckiser (New Zealand) intends to plead guilty to charges of misleading consumers over the way it promoted a range of Nurofen products, the Commerce Commission says. More>>

ALSO:

Half A Billion Accounts, Including Xtra: Yahoo Confirms Huge Data Breach

The account information may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords (the vast majority with bcrypt) and, in some cases, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers. More>>

ALSO:

Rural Branches: Westpac To Close 19 Branches, ANZ Looks At 7

Westpac confirms it will close nineteen branches across the country; ANZ closes its Ngaruawahia branch and is consulting on plans to close six more branches; The bank workers union says many of its members are nervous about their futures and asking ... More>>

Interest Rates: RBNZ's Wheeler Keeps OCR At 2%

Reserve Bank governor Graeme Wheeler kept the official cash rate at 2 percent and said more easing will be needed to get inflation back within the target band. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news